23rd September 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

How to start my CAT entrance exam preparation?

i had given my final year b.com exam... i want to prepare at home. plz suggest me how i start my preparation.. nd suggest me some megazine for improving current affair nd g.k..

15th March 2013, 01:56 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Red face Re: How to start my CAT entrance exam preparation?

Hello,

CAT(Common Admission Test) is an exam for MBA programmes to IIMs and other various colleges which take CAT score, if you want to crack CAT it is advised that you go for some coaching centre, it will be good for you as they will provide some good coaching materials and excellent guidance and more important there is mock test and competitive environment is there.

>>You may go for some class room programmes at

Career Launcher

TIME

IMS
etc.

>> The next tip is focus on Exam Pattern as the test will consist of two sections -

(i) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (ii) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

>>Prepare a time table, which area to study and all, make a time where you can do your best study.

For GK and current affairs, you have to update your knowledge, and read newspapers and practise a lot.

Here are also some good books for practice:-

“Puzzles and Teasers” by George J. Summers

Arihant publication by Ajay singh

tata mcgraw series by Arun sharma and Meenakshi

If you can get these materials and study, you can crack , start preparing from now on, solve a lot of questions.

All the best in advance!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?