31st May 2015, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Should I start preparation for CAT if pursuing B.Com 1st year?

Friends,
I am in the first year of B.Com. I want to prepare for a CAT. I want to know what is the normal period required to prepare for CAT? should i start preparing for it in my first year of B.Com? Please advice me friends.

3rd June 2015, 05:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start preparation for CAT if pursuing B.Com 1st year?

As far as my knowledge is concerned I do not think that you should start your preparation from B.Com 1st year onwards. As you are still in 1st year of Bachelor of Commerce degree, I suggest you to wait for 2 more years and in the mean while I suggest you to concentrate on B.Com 1st, 2nd and 3rd year studies. Yes to be eligible for CAT (Common Admission Test) Entrance Examination, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university. So make sure you secure minimum 50% marks by the time you complete your Bachelor Degree. For this reason I suggest you to concentrate on B.Com studies, so that you can concentrate on B.Com 1st, 2nd and 3rd year subjects very well. Besides this, I suggest you to take the help of coaching institute when you will be in 3rd year of B.Com to secure good marks. Besides concentrating on B.Com subjects, try to get command over Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General English sections.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?