2nd July 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Info about the courses that I can opt after Civil Engineering?

i wana study in australia. can ya plz gv me sm info abt the courses tht can be opted after civil engineering?

5th November 2011, 01:18 AM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Info about the courses that I can opt after Civil Engineering?

dear friend,

if you want to go to Australia and complete your next future education then go for it.
but main thing is that in which field you want to go through ,
are you want to continue your previous Education or want to go for any other course tell me about that at first after that i can help you in Exactly.
so
best of luck.
2nd August 2020, 01:57 PM
deepikapandey9999

This is not something anyone here can answer without knowing more about your career goals and aspirations.

For example, my friend and I both have engineering undergraduate degrees. After finishing up, he went for his MBA while I went for an MS in engineering. His decision was based on the fact that he wanted to be involved in the engineering world, but more on the business side of things. On the flip side, my goal was to stay in engineering and build up a small firm.

An MBA can be great or it can be a waste of time. It really depends on where you want to go in your career. You need to think about where you want to be in 5, 10, or 20 years and make your decision based on that. Of course things can change over time, but this is the way to make the best decision at this point.

If you are really unsure of what to do, then I would recommend working for a few years before deciding. You don’t want to jump into one and then realize that you really would have been better off with the other.
5th August 2020, 07:55 PM
deepikapandey9999

1. If you wish to enhance your knowledge in technical aspects of construction, go for M.Tech.

Prepare well for GATE, get into IIT's or NIT's.

You have several options like

a. M.Tech - Structural Engineering,

b. M.Tech - Geo-technical Engineering

c. M.Tech - Water Resource Engineering

d. M.Tech - Transportation Engineering etc

2. If you wish to enhance your knowledge in managerial aspects of construction, go for Project/Construction Management courses.

You get a white collar job with a decent pay after completion of these programmes.

Some colleges are listed below where you can pursue Construction/Project Management.

Construction Technology and Management course -IIT Delhi

Construction Technology and Management course -IIT Delhi gives more weight on Technical Aspects of Construction.

National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) - Mumbai

National Institute of Industrial Engineering is one of the top B-Schools in India, located in Powai near Vihar Lake in Mumbai, India.

It offers several programmes like:

Post Graduate Diploma in PROJECT MANAGEMENT(PGDPM)

Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM)

These Courses are accredited as MBA equivalent by UGC (University Grants Commission)

National Institute of Construction Management and Research

Programmes offered from Pune, Hyderabad, Goa and Indore. Visit their website for more details.

NICMAR gives more weight on Managerial aspects of Construction.

(Costliest option of all )

Been there:

RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University (UGC Approved)

Set up in early 2013 as an industry led initiative, it is supported by leading employers & Ministry of Urban Development.

It offers several programmes like:

MBA in Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure,

MBA in Construction Project Management,

MBA in Construction Economics & Quantity Surveying,

MBA in Infrastructure Management etc

Global Institute of Construction Management and Research

This institute provides Post Graduate Diploma in some courses (AICTE approved)

For more details, visit

Maharashtra Institute of Technology - Pune

This institute provides Post Graduation Diploma in Project & Construction Management.

All are equally good from career point of view.

Some institutes offer Computer aided programmes for civil engineers. Civil engineers and architects are eligible for this course.

There are some more reputed institutions which offer similar courses.

3. Higher studies abroad : GRE, TOEFL, IELTS whatever.

4. If you are interested in City planning or town planning, there is an institute in Delhi (School of Planning and Architecture) which offers a post graduation degree in various disciplines. Even this is a good option.

5. If you wish to go for pure management course,

You can as well attempt CAT with your engineering degree. If you are fortunate enough, you might get into some IIM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?