4th April 2011, 05:05 PM
satyajit parhi

Procedure to appear for IPS exam? From where to get the form to apply for this exam?

Respected Sir,

I want to give exam for IPS.So what is its procedure for exam.To apply for the exam.Where is this form,which we will find and what should be the first date to easily get it.
Please Provide me details for this purpose.

6th August 2011, 12:37 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to appear for IPS exam? From where to get the form to apply for this exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyajit parhi View Post
Respected Sir,
I want to give exam for IPS.So what is its procedure for exam.To apply for the exam.Where is this form,which we will find and what should be the first date to easily get it. Please Provide me details for this purpose.
Information Regarding IPS examination.

The IPS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year. The IPS officer job is known as the one of the best job of India. It is also known as the civil Services examination. If you are interested in the Civil Service then to appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize university. The Final year graduation students are eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.The details information about the age relaxation is given in the official website of UPSC.

This is the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to appear in the civil services examination. The application form for the this examination is comes in the month of March-April in every year. You can apply online on the official website of UPSC and offline application form can be obtained from the head post office of your city.

If you want to know more information regarding IPS examination then please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
6th August 2011, 01:01 PM
akash3093

Default Re: Procedure to appear for IPS exam? From where to get the form to apply for this exam?

If you want to know more information regarding IPS examination then please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2011, 01:29 PM
genius_911

To become an IPS officer you need to give the UPSC civil services examination.. the requirements to give this exam are:-
1. you should have degree of graduation in any discipline from the recognised university.. if you are pursuing your final year of graduation then also you are eligible for this exam..
2. the age limit to attempt the exam is 21-30 years.. while there is relaxation provided to the SC, ST and OBC candidates.. SC, ST candidates have maximum age limit of 35 years and the OBC candidates have 33 years maximum age limit...
The exam forms are available on the official website of UPSC or you can get it from the head post office of you place....
for more details have a look on the official site:-
http://www. upsc.gov.in
6th August 2011, 01:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir,

I want to give exam for IPS.So what is its procedure for exam.To apply for the exam.Where is this form,which we will find and what should be the first date to easily get it.
dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

The eligibility criteria for IPS exam-

1.You must have complete your graduation in any discipline...
2.Your age should be in between 21-30years for general..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..
For OBC age relaxation is 3years..
3.You must be a citizen of India.

These are the criteria to appear in IPS exam.

if you fulfill the criteria then you can appear in IPS exam..

All the best.
6th August 2011, 02:13 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir,

Union Public Service Commission Conducts the Civil Service Examination every year and the examination consist of twenty three service of Government of India .There is a one of service Indian Police Service.

Procedure for Indian Police Service Exam :-

To I.P.S Officer the candidate need to appear for Civil Service Examination.

The Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year in three parts : Preliminary,Main,Interview.

Those who are clearing the Preliminary round are called for Main Examination and Preliminary examination consist of two paper and both the papers are Objective while Main examination consist of written exams as well as interview.

The exam notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news paper.

The application forms are available in two modes : Online or Offline.

Online :- Apply Online using the website : http://www.upsconline.nic.in/ or http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Offline :- The application forms are available in various designated head post offices and sub post offices throughout the country.
6th August 2011, 03:16 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
IPS- Indian Police Service

This exam is a another good Job in india.this exam is conducted by UPSC.
For this exam criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an INDIAN
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation as for SC/ST candidate
3 years relax for OBC candidate

*Maximum time attempts :-

4 times for Genearl
7 times for OBC candidate
no limits for SC/ST candidate

question pattern:-

1)Indian language-300 marks
2)English-300 marks
3)Essay-200 marks
4)General study-300 marks
5)optional paper 2 subject-300 marks

Attach some sample papers:-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf paper-1.pdf(277.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf paper-2.pdf(130.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf paper-3.pdf(135.9 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf paper-4.pdf(149.9 KB, 82 views)
6th August 2011, 03:59 PM
liquid

hello friends you need not to be panic just click http://www.upsc.gov.in/ you will get all the information as well as you can fillup your form
thank u
6th August 2011, 04:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
I.P.S exam is conducted under upsc , this exam is organize once in a year this is also known as civil service exam.
there are some criteria for this exam ........
*the candidates those who want to applied they must be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university, with more than 60 % mark.
*the age limit of candidates are 22 - 32 yrs...
there are some relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates
*the general candidates can appear this exam for 4 times where as obc candidates can apply for 7 times & sc / st candidates can apply for unlimited chance.
for applying for civil service exam you can direct fill up the form through online in the official website of upsc.

for more details you may visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..............
6th August 2011, 04:08 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
I.P.S exam is conducted under upsc , this exam is organize once in a year this is also known as civil service exam.
there are some criteria for this exam ........
*the candidates those who want to applied they must be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university, with more than 60 % mark.
*the age limit of candidates are 22 - 32 yrs...
there are some relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates
*the general candidates can appear this exam for 4 times where as obc candidates can apply for 7 times & sc / st candidates can apply for unlimited chance.
for applying for civil service exam you can direct fill up the form through online in the official website of upsc.

for more details you may visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?