2nd October 2016, 12:00 PM
jaiswar1

Are M.Com students eligible for NET CET exam? Minimum percentage required for the same?

Hi, i have done my M.com this year. I want to appear for NET CET. I want to know whether M.Com students are eligible for NET CET exam and what minimum percentage is required for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for M.Com? Percentage required, admission fees and subjects available?
  2. Can I give NET exam after completing first year B.Com with required percentage?
  3. Minimum percentage required for taking admission into post graduation in Chemistry in Delhi University?
  4. What is the age limit for DIET for girls? What is the maximum age to apply for teacher?
  5. Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exam? I've passed my M.A(Distance learning) in English? What's the minimum percentage required and No. of Attempts available?
  6. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in BE to be eligible for GRE exam?
  7. Can a Cost and Management Accountant sit in NET exam conducted by UGC? What is the minimum percentage required in CMA final to sit in NET exam?
  8. Will MHT CET marks be enough to get admission in any college? Minimum percentage required to get admission in college?
  9. Am I eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 59% marks in B.Com Graduation?
  10. Job opportunities for a candidate who has secured 88.5% in 10th, 90% in Intermediate and 60% in B.Tech(IT)?
  11. Minimum percentage required for CET(MBA) -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How much percentage of marks is required in M.Com to do M.Phil?
  13. What is the minimum percentage in Hindi for Ph.D?
  14. Percentage required to appear in TET under SC category?
  15. What qualities are needed for doing job in Infosys?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for CAT with less than 50% aggregate for BCA final year student?
  17. Percentage required for admission in engineering course? Minimum rank required for admission in RV college in CET and COMEDK
  18. What is the minimum percentage require for IBPS PO?
2nd October 2016, 05:39 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are M.Com students eligible for NET CET exam? Minimum percentage required for the same?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC. For this examination candidate must have passed master degree from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in master degree for NET CET exam is 55%. Final year student are also eligible for NET CET exam.

OTHER ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate must be citizen of India.

2. The minimum age of candidate must be 19 years.

3. There is no upper age limit.

As per my knowledge, yes M.Com candidate are eligible for NET CET exam.
2nd October 2016, 06:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are M.Com students eligible for NET CET exam? Minimum percentage required for the same?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. Both of these examinations are held by CBSE twice every year for recruitment of assistant professor in government universities and as teacher in government schools respectively.

--> Being M.Com ( Masters of Commerce ) degree holder you are eligible for NET examination if your aggregate in the same degree is at least 55% ( 50% in case of SC/ST and PH candidates ) and your degree must be from a UGC approved university. If you are interested in joining Junior Research Fellowship through NET then your age must be under 28 years otherwise there is no age limit for the post of assistant professor.

--> Further you are also eligible for appearing in CTET examination but for recruitment upto Class 5 only if your do not have B.Ed degree along with your Master's degree.

For more details regarding these examination you can log on to their respective official link which are www.cbsenet.nic.in and www.ctet.nic.in respectively.
2nd October 2016, 08:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Who conducts this exam?

#Earlier this examination was conducted by University Grants Commission but now CBSE conducts this exam on behalf of UGC.

What is purpose of this exam?

#It helps candidates become eligible for Lectureship in government college and Junior Research Fellowship.

Who can apply for this exam?

#Anyone who has done master's degree that is post graduation from any UGC recognized university is eligible to apply for this exam. Minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 55% for general and OBC candidates. It is 50% for SC/ST candidates.

Master of commerce candidates are eligible for NET. To apply for this exam, you must meet percentage criteria mentioned above. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship but upper age limit for JRF is 28 years.

When is this examination conducted?

It is conducted in July and January every year. For January 2017, NET exam, Click Here.
2nd October 2016, 09:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for NET examination conducted by UGC twice every year. The examination is conducted in June and December every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 55% in master's degree.

There is no age limit to appear for lectureship but for JRF it is 19-28 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
2nd October 2016, 10:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must have done Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year master's degree candidates can also apply for examination.

Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required to apply for NET examination.

2. There is no age limit to apply for NET examination for lectureship. Upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

Master of commerce candidates with 55% marks are eligible to apply for NET.

Official website: http://www.cbsenet.nic.in.
2nd October 2016, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiswar1 View Post
Hi, i have done my M.com this year. I want to appear for NET CET. I want to know whether M.Com students are eligible for NET CET exam and what minimum percentage is required for the same?
Yes, you are eligible UGC NET and SET exam but you fulfill below given criteria.

The educational qualification required for NET/SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
3rd October 2016, 12:26 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiswar1 View Post
UGC NET is conducted by CBSE board every year mainly to recruit research assistant and also for the post of professor in various education streams.

> Yes, you can sit for UGC CET exam after M.Com but you must have a minimum of 55%marks in your M.Com and it should be recognized university.

> Age of the candidate for JRF should not be above 28 years of age.

- The candidate appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit.

For more details log on to the official page of UGC NET www.cbsenet.nic.in/
12th March 2017, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

If a person has gained 53.5 percent in m.com then is that person eligible to appear for net/cet exams.
16th April 2018, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I have passed M.Com. External with Pass Class from Gujarat University.Now I intends to get better Grade by doing M.Com. twice from Gujarat University.,is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?