22nd September 2011, 08:45 PM
123manjunath

Meaning of "Year of Degree" for filling up the GATE application form?

please tell me the meaning of 'year of degree' on filling GATE application form

23rd September 2011, 07:31 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Meaning of "Year of Degree" for filling up the GATE application form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123manjunath View Post
please tell me the meaning of 'year of degree' on filling GATE application form
Meaning of 'Year of Degree' in the GATE Application Form.

'Year of degree' in the GATE application form means the passing year of B.Tech course i.e the year in which you will be pass or passed the B.Tech course. So, don't confuse in that place write the year name in which year you will be pass the B.Tech course.

For details instruction is available in the information brochure. The information brochure is also available on the official website of the GATE. So, please visit the official website of the GATE. :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd September 2011, 09:15 AM
praveendia

Default Re: Meaning of "Year of Degree" for filling up the GATE application form?

year of degree. year in which u hd passed the here is the eligibilty for gate 2012 *. Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

*. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-yearIntegrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

*. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

*. Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012.
23rd September 2011, 04:11 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend , it is very simple..
You just not need to worry..

"year of degree " means in which year you will be pass out from degree course...

You have to mention the year of passing of degree course there.

So, just fill out the application form for GATE exam, with out any confusion..

All the best.
24th September 2011, 09:50 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
The GATE exam is for the students of the categories mentioned below:-
1. Bachelor Degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture(4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
2. Master Degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
3. Candidates who are in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
Now the term "YEAR OF DEGREE" means-
year in which you had passed your degree.
For more details please visit the website:-
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR CARRIER.
Thank you.
1st October 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my degree term and have backlog in a subject of 1st sem.so is there any problem regarding that.
4th October 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

i too have completed my degree term and have backlog in a subject of 8th sem.so is there any problem regarding that
5th October 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i have made a mistake in filling up the year of degree column. i will be a passout in 2012 but by mistake i have filled it as 2008,my year of starting BE. i have also filled up the fees too..what should i do now? help needed...
5th October 2011, 06:22 PM
tanujprajapati

i have made a big mistake while filling up my GATE 2012 form.. there is a mistake in filling up the "year of degree" field...instead of writing 2012 as my year of degree..i have fill it as 2008,what should i do now? i have tried contacting IIT Bombay,but i have not yet received a proper answer from them.what should i do?
9th October 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I am M.SRIEE VEYTHA PREYA, B.E.(ECE) final year student. How and where I get format for year of qualifying degree?
20th October 2011, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

hi i misinterpreted the YEAR OF DEGREE. and i wrote 2008 instead of 2012. what should i do please help me.. my id is [email protected].. thanx.. i m waiting for your response.. :(
7th April 2012, 12:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Meaning of "Year of Degree" for filling up the GATE application form?

Hi

If you filling up the GATE form, then my first suggestion to you would be fill it very carefully.

Take your time and do not rush with anything.

Believe me there are many instances where people fill it wrong and then they find themselves in deep trouble.

Now coming to your question, you must be knowing that to sit for the GATE and study M.Tech you should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy or in the final year.

So the YEAR OF DEGREE means " In which year would you pass out of your graduation/ have passed out your graduation"

Thus fill it accordingly.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
7th April 2012, 12:37 PM
bablucena9

hi,
That's simple dear.
the YEAR OF DEGREE means " In which year would you pass out of your graduation/ have passed out your graduation"
ok dear
7th April 2012, 01:38 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

hai,
thats very simple, no need to confuse in that......
Just place the 'year of degree' in that just fill the year pass out b.tech graduation.
So, fill there year of pass out the graduation.
All the best.
14th September 2020, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out in 2019 but there is no option 2019
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?