13th August 2015, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

MHRD scholarship for PhD on basis of GATE score?

Hello greetings of the day
I have completed m.e. and qualified GATE but the score was valid for two years that is during m.e. Now I want to pursue PhD so weather I have to reappear for GATE or not If not then can I get scholarship on the basis of that????
Do reply

15th August 2015, 11:47 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: MHRD scholarship for PhD on basis of GATE score?

# There is provision of scholarship/financial assistance/fellowship for valid GATE score holder by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).

# The scholarship/financial assistance/fellowship are basically provided for master degree as well as Ph.D in Architecture, Engineering, Technology etc.

# CSIR Laboratories also grant the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to candidate with engineering background plus valid GATE score holder.

# Followings are the guidelines of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) which must be adopted while offering admission to master degree and Ph.D programmes:

* While offering admission to the candidate, the weightage given to GATE performance must not be below 70%.
* The weightage given to other factors such as interview, marks obtained in qualifying exam must not above 30%.

# The GATE score are given from rank 0 to 1000 irrespective of year of examination, paper of GATE.

# The GATE score is considered valid only for a period of two years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?