13th January 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required to join the Indian Civil Services?

sir, how much minimum % is requried for indian civil sevices...plese tell me what is the percentage

15th January 2012, 06:42 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required to join the Indian Civil Services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, how much minimum % is requried for indian civil sevices...plese tell me what is the percentage
For Civil Service Exam, you just need to be a graduate. Being a graduate, you are eligible for the exam irrespective of the marks you secured in the final year examination as well as the stream you belong to. There factors are not taken into consideration to set the eligibility criteria for the Civil Service Exam.
There is definitely an age limit to apply for the exam and is as follows:
  • 21-30 years for candidates belonging to general category
  • 21-33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category
  • 21-35 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

For more information, refer to the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
27th July 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i am btech final year student&my %is 61.so i can apply for civil services?
31st August 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am general categry student and i ve done my BA WITH 45.7 % CAN I APPLY FOR CIVIL EXAMINATION
31st August 2012, 11:45 PM
archanagalenka

Quote:
sir i am general categry student and i ve done my BA WITH 45.7 % CAN I APPLY FOR CIVIL EXAMINATION
For Civil Service Exam, you just need to be a graduate. Being a graduate, you are eligible for the exam irrespective of the marks you secured in the final year examination as well as the stream you belong to. There factors are not taken into consideration to set the eligibility criteria for the Civil Service Exam.
21-30 years for candidates belonging to general category
21-33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category
21-35 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

For more information, refer to the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
31st August 2012, 11:47 PM
archanagalenka

Quote:
hi,
21-30 years for candidates belonging to general category
21-33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category
21-35 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category.

www.upsc.gov.in
8th February 2013, 12:36 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

First of all i would like to tell you that the Civil services exam is just an exam or better say a gateway to be recruited in class-I services.

So , it is not a camp that you can join.

The Union Public Service Commission holds the right to conduct the Civil Services Examination every year.

The Examination is conducted every year in three phases :

a) Preliminary Examination

b) MAINS Examination

c) Interview

You need to crack all these three examinations in order to crack the IAS Civil Services Examination.

The Eligibility Criteria Required For Civil Services Examination are :

* You must hold a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Candidates in Final Year Of Graduation Are Also eligible For The Exam.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also relaxation in upper age given to Reserved Category Candidates as per the government rules.

* Nationality : Indian.

This is the information i have to the best of knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
9th February 2013, 01:28 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services examinations every year.

The selection procedure for the civil services examinations is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil services examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Civil services examination pattern and syllabus is mentioned as below:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
22nd February 2013, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

i have done b.com with 49% .i wanna crack the upsc in the first time nd my two subjects are history and public administration.so tell me how can i do it bcoz i am not so rich in comparision of other people . sometimes i talk with sds and dm for this cours.should i talk or not .plz send me more imformation on my id and that is [email protected]. plz sir i have to set an example for poor people .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?