14th July 2015, 03:54 PM
mritunjaykumar71

Minimum percentage required for government jobs?

I wants to take admission in btech which branch is more easy and also demand able for government jobs. What is the minimum percentage i have to gain that demandable for govt job.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum percentage required to get a government job?
  2. Minimum percentage required for government jobs?
  3. Can I get admission for B.Ed after completing B.Com with 44% marks?
  4. Required percentage to apply for government jobs? Current government jobs?
  5. Am I eligible to do B.Ed course with 43% in Graduation?
  6. What minimum percentage is required in 12th for getting admission in government engineering colleges with CSE stream?
  7. What kind of jobs are available for M.Tech(ECE) graduate in India and Abroad? Minimum percentage required to get job?
  8. Minimum percentage required to get admission in government medical colleges of Ahmedabad and Baroda?
  9. Government jobs for computer science engineers? How can I attend those exams? How much percentage is required?
  10. What is the criteria followed for getting a goverment job after B.E?
  11. Minimum percentage required for IGNOU B.Ed entrance test for government teachers?
  12. What kind of job will I get after completion of AMAESI course? Can I apply for government job? How much percentage is required?
  13. List of top government colleges for MBA in Bangalore under Bangalore university? Minimum percentage required for admission? Fee structure in government colleges?
  14. list of MAT colleges? any chance to get admission in top colleges with 82 percentile? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
  16. Percentage of BDS marks required to get government jobs? Is it completely based on the percentage or any entrance exam?
  17. Percentage required for admission in government polytechnic college?
  18. What is the minimum percentage required for applying and admission
14th July 2015, 06:01 PM
matamanju

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for government jobs?

Hello Friend

Minimum 60 percentage marks is the best for the open category candidates for government jobs.

For reservation category candidates 50 percentage is the best for the government jobs.

The following branch are best in feature for the B.Tech

Electronics and communications

Mechanical

Computer Science

civil engineering

Instrumentation engineering course.
14th July 2015, 06:06 PM
Mohit.Bansal

First of all Engineering is not an easy to do and complete. If you want to be an Engineers, you should be prepare for challenges.

There are lots of Branches in engineering. You should choose one among them on the basis of your interest. So that you can focus on your study and able to do well in the course.

List of branches-
1. Computer Engineering.
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics and Communication Engineering
6. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
7. Chemical Engineering
8. Software Engineering

All the course are in great demand. But if you are looking for government job then i will say you should go for computer engineering. Computers Engineers are in great demand in each and every field.
14th July 2015, 07:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Engineering is the most preferred stream after 10+2 for lots of candidates after they complete their 10+2 from a recognized board.

Every branch is easy, selection of stream of engineering should be done on the basis of interest in any particular field. Evergreen branches of engineering are Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Electronics and Communication Engineering. You can select the stream of engineering as per your interest only not on suggestions of others.

Candidates pursuing bachelor of engineering in above four mentioned branch of engineering are applicable for all government jobs.

For most of the government jobs only passing percentage of marks is required to appear for the exam. However you should try to score more than 75% to get Honours degree in bachelor of technology.

After completion of bachelor of technology or during final year of engineering, you will be eligible for following government job entrance exams:

>>Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc.

>>UPSC Indian Engineering Services exam.

>>Intelligence Bureau ACIO exam.

>>Combined Defense Services for jobs in defense sector.

>>AFCAT exam for jobs in Airforce.

>>Civil Services exam for becoming IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

So you should make up your mind what you want to become in future and select the entrance exam as per your interest.
14th July 2015, 07:52 PM
dhaliwal jatt

Hello Friend

-> Minimum percentage for Government jobs.

1. Candidate should have graduate with minimum 60% marks (For SC/ST 55% ) from recognized university .

2. Age limit : 21-35 years.

3. Candidate should have 12th or 10th with 55% ( For SC/ST 50% ) marks from recognized university.

4. Candidate should be an Indian.

-> You can also check the various govt. website:
>> www.upsc.gov.in
>> www.ssc.nic.in
>. www.indianrailways.gov.in
14th July 2015, 07:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do B.Tech then you should select any of the subject all are good but according to me CS is somehow easy then any other. And minimum marks required for government jobs is atleast 60% for general candidates. For OBC and SC/ST it is 50%. You get various options like Banks, SSC, Railways, UPSC etc. In Banks and Railways and various others here are seats also available for technical degree candidates so you must try in that.
14th July 2015, 08:00 PM
tuku1993

Smile Re: Minimum percentage required for government jobs?

To apply you will be needing in some govt. organisation about 60% (ST/SC 50 or 55%). But mainly it depends on the candidates who have applied for the job. Nowadays, most of the organisation do selection on merit basis.

Thank You!!
14th July 2015, 08:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritunjaykumar71 View Post
I wants to take admission in btech which branch is more easy and also demand able for government jobs. What is the minimum percentage i have to gain that demandable for govt job.
If you have completed B.Tech course then you are eligible for government jobs. Government jobs doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree. More preferable departments are- Electronics, Civil, Mechanical for government jobs.

You can apply for IES, BSNL JTO exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

Bharat Sanchar Nigam limited one of the biggest government telecom sector company.

If you have completed BE or B.Tech or equivalent degree from below given departments from a recognized Institution/University then you are eligible for BSNL JTO exam. The eligible departments are,

i. Telecommunication
ii. Electronics
iii. Radio
iv. Computer
v. Electrical
vi. Information Technology

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.
14th July 2015, 08:52 PM
john215

Re: Minimum percentage required for government jobs?

Minimum 50% required for government jobs

List of Government jobs:----

BHEL
ISRO
RRB
SSC
UPSC
CIVIL SERVICE
IES
IAS
IES
NTPS
DRDL
ECIL
DRDO
NDA
BANKS EXAMS
GROUPS
POSTAL DEPARTMENT
14th July 2015, 09:42 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Government jobs eligibility criteria :

The candidates should be a citizen Of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final years students can also apply for any government post.
The age limit is 21 30 years, There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

The Government exams are conducted through UPSC , SSC, Banking Sector like IBPS , SBI , Railways.
15th July 2015, 12:11 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is very hard but good to get a government job in engineering. For this you have to do very hard labour. All streams are good and have importance on its basis. It depends on you what you want to choose.
You should choose any one of them like:-
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Software Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Automobile Engineering etc.
Thanks
26th September 2019, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I got Second class in Electronic and communication engineering(6.12). Can I eligible for the government job or not otherwise there is any problem
24th December 2019, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

I have 50 % can I apply for government job I come under general merit
26th December 2019, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

I have 54.65 percent in my graduation , will it consider 55 marks ??
7th January 2020, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

I had 59.76% in graduation, will it considered as 60.
8th February 2020, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

i have 5.76 cgpa in my BE Computer science can aplly for any govt job
25th May 2020, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have M.Tech first class but B.Tech second class. Which job will I be eligible? Moreover I am Biotechnology graduate. Please tell me which job I will be eligible?
28th May 2020, 09:52 PM
Yadav ragini

Minimum 60% marks is the best for open category candidates for reservations category candidates 50% is best for the government jobs.
26th June 2020, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th with 44 percent nh bachelor%u2019s degree with 68 percent i am elegible for govt job or not
28th June 2020, 11:12 PM
arpita511996

Hello,

There is no minimum percentage that is required for jobs. After completing class 12th, if you want to join B.tech then you have to sit for the entrance examinations.

Some of the most recognized entrance exams are as follows:

1) AIEEE
2) IIT JEE

Besides this for government jobs. You have to appear for government entrance exams such as.

1)SSC CGL
2)UPSC
3)Railways
4) sbi banking entrance exam
5) postal exams.

I hope this information helps.
12th December 2020, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I had 59.79%in graduation will it considered as 60
15th June 2022, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

No, numbers after decimal also plays an important role in percent, in such cases there is no round off, 59.76 percentage is at its place and 60 percentage is at its place, and you fall in second division as having less than 60 percent, so for first division, it requires at least 60 percent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?