3rd April 2016, 12:27 AM
pkalarikal

What are the various qualification required to become an IPS?

What are the various qualification required to become an IPS? Can you please give me the complete details on this? I really wanted to become an IPS in future and I want to pursue all the needed criteria for the same. Awaiting for your suggestions.

3rd April 2016, 02:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the various qualification required to become an IPS?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of candidates as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection for service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd April 2016, 03:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalarikal View Post
What are the various qualification required to become an IPS? Can you please give me the complete details on this? I really wanted to become an IPS in future and I want to pursue all the needed criteria for the same. Awaiting for your suggestions.
IPS Officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam.

Important Dates of upcoming Civil Services Exam:
  • Release of Notifications along with Online Forms: 23 April, 2016
  • Last Date to apply: 20 May 2016
  • Date of Commencement of Exam: 07 August 2016
Eligibility for becoming IPS Officer:
  • You must have pursued any bachelor course.
  • Bachelor course could be like B.Tech, B.Sc, B.A., B.Com, etc.
  • You must meet following physical standards.
Physical Standards required in Civil Services Exam for IPS:
Height:
For Males: Minimum height is 165 cm,
For Females: Minimum height is 150 cm.
Other than General Category Candidates, minimum required height is 160 cm for Male and 145 cm for Female Candidates.

Chest:
For Males: Minimum 84 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm
For Females: Minimum 79 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm
3rd April 2016, 04:17 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To become Indian Police Services Officer you need to clear the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is organized by Union public service.

Qualification required:-

->>You must possess a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

->>You must have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.

->>The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
3rd April 2016, 10:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalarikal View Post
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through the civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?