27th May 2010, 03:00 PM
krd53695x

MIPL course at IGNOU: A Scam?

Respected Sir/Madam,

Kindly give me some information in detail on MIPL course at IGNOU.

I got one mail from someone who has joined MIPL at IGNOU. I am sendind copy of same here.

Dear Mr. Kamalesh,
Just to say in word the MIPL course is nothing but robbing of students by IGNOU and Rainmaker. The course materials are sub standard. There is no assignments. The IGNOU supplies rotton materials with full of mistakes, missing pages, and incomplete material. The Rainmaker Uploads them. If you ask Rainmaker they just say contact IGNOU. Nobody in IGNOU responds. They dont answer your letters, emails.
The assessment was supposed to have assignments, case studies, lessons on CD and video interaction with faculty members. There is no interaction with anybody. 70% assessment is made on 3 MCQ of 40 questions each for each paper. The MCQ is so simple that anybody with commonsense without reading law or just brushing thro the pahes can answer. We paid 36000 and now they started second batch. My sincere advice is DONT join. Tell your friends also.If you have 36000 donate to charity or to GOD

Kindly let me have your view for this matter.

Thanks

Kamlesh D.

1st June 2010, 10:01 PM
apoorva prakash

Default Re: MIPL course at IGNOU: A Scam?

hi kamalesh,
i think u can apply to this college bcoz if u think u can really do good in mipl college ill be only a medium for u to get a certificate. as far as i know this is the only coll in india providing this course..... and more over in every insti there ill be sme feedbacks.wat if they dont hve good std they may have very good faculties and mor over he has not mentioned anything about faculty and so i think u can move on....if u have so much doubt just go visit the coll once and consult the students over there...think take a good dission belive wat u think but not on wat others think.
have a nice day
apoorva
2nd June 2010, 02:22 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Any course offered by IGNOU is recognised by central government and hence can not be called a scam. The course has been designed in a way to reach out as many students as possible.

The MIPL(masters in intellectual property law) is basically a collaboration of three organisation. IGNOU, QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY and RAINMAKER.
Here in this course, the student has the opportunity to get QUT LL.M degree by completing four subjects in one semester at QUT, Australia.

Rainmaker is the online support partner with experience in providing legal training and recruitment to the legal industry.

it is an online course and no study material is supplied manually. but term end test are conducted by IGNOU and therefore one need to register to the nearest INGOU study centre.

Ultimately its upto the indivudual to take admission or not, its just one of the several courses offered by ignou which has not gained great feedbacks by the students.
2nd June 2010, 04:46 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

First of all i appreciate you for checking the details prior to joining the course.

But you can't just flag off the whole course as a scam, only because a students tells you about the study material or something else.

As we all know, IGNOU is a popular distance learning university, it is quite obvious that you can't compare its quality with regular ones.

Almost all the courses of IGNOU have the same condition.

I know many of the students of the university, all of them are frustrated with IGNOU.

So, i will advice to do something better than this, there are a lot of options available now-a-days which you may opt.

But if you have made your mind to join IGNOU, you should atleast prepare yourselt to stand on your own.

Here are the course details of MIPL

So choose wisely and best of luck
2nd June 2010, 06:31 PM
help100%

Look though IGNOU is a good institute but there are many institutes left out here providing degree in IPL .So there are many good institute with good quality, if you are really affraid of the message then i should suggest you that first you better check your self regarding the course available in IGNOU any the matter what you have got is really true or not.the institute best IGNOU providing IPL course are as follows:

NLSIU ,bangalor
NLIU ,bhopal
NALSAR ,hyderabad
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University - Chennai
Osmania University - Hyderabad
IIT Kharagpur Rajiv Gandhi School Of Intellectual Property Law
Global Institute of Intellectual Property

So, from the above college you can make a choice.For any further queries you are free post here.

Best wishes from
help100%
11th July 2010, 06:20 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

No dear there is no such thing

I think that person should have any issue associated with it thats why he is making such types of statements.

In some cases it happens that due to inefficiency of study centre candidates have to face such types of problems. The study centre authority and administrative persons sometimes fails to provide the required facility to students which results in such types of cases.

It is fact that not all study centres of IGNOU are well maintained except the centres in Metros or Big cities.

As a result such kind of problems arises.

But you dont worry go for it..........!
5th September 2010, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

I wanna to join MIPL from IGNOU. but i got a bad feeedback about MIPL from a previous student on net . what should i do?
15th November 2010, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

What r the job prospects in India after MIPL from IGNOU
10th December 2010, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO TAKE ADMISSION TO MIPL,BUT APPLICATION FORM TO MIPL IS NOT OPENING IN PROGRAMME WEBSITE.
11th December 2010, 03:28 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I WANT TO TAKE ADMISSION TO MIPL,BUT APPLICATION FORM TO MIPL IS NOT OPENING IN PROGRAMME WEBSITE.
Hi,

I have checked the link it is working fine:
http://www.ignouonline.ac.in/mipl/HowToRegister.aspx
Try differnet browser like Firefox to apply online.
11th December 2010, 03:31 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
I wanna to join MIPL from IGNOU. but i got a bad feeedback about MIPL from a previous student on net . what should i do?
Hi,

Do not go with the words of others. Contact with 2-3 more students, then only you can come to the conclusion.
some people try to harm the reputation and he may be true or false that we can't say. But ignore him and try to find out the truth.
11th December 2010, 03:32 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

I have checked the link it is working fine:
http://www.ignouonline.ac.in/mipl/HowToRegister.aspx
Try different browser like Firefox to apply online.
18th December 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I wanted to join MIPL course after btech in biotechnology ,will it be useful for me

Prerna
18th December 2010, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I want to do the MIPL course from ignou but after reading the bad feedback of one student there is a doubt in my mind. If possible plz suggest me that whether i should go for this course or not.
14th March 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I am currently enrolled in the IGNOU MIPL Course, so you might be interested in my perspective.

1) Study Material:
* The notes provided by IGNOU are created in conjunction with QUT Australia, and are very very high quality.
* The supplementary notes provided by Rainmaker are like your tuition class notes; they are useful to prepare for exams in short time, but not much use by themselves for knowledge.
* The video and interactive materials are supplied also by Rainmaker, and this part is not so good.
In short, if you depend on the original IGNOU material, they are in fact awesome and give you great understanding of the subject while broadening your mind.

2) Exams and Evaluation
* The evaluation is peculiar, 70% marks are for regular MCQ type tests, which are not that difficult. You can say it is very scoring.
* Rest 30% marks are for a test that is conducted annually (so, once in two semesters, or twice in your course).
In short, if you are regular with your study and tests it should be fairly simple to get a First Class.

This makes the MIPL an ideal and scoring Masters degree for working people.

3) Career Prospects
* If you think this degree will make employers line up at your door, you are deluded. But this degree is a great value addition to many complementary fields today.
* If you are solely looking for a degree that will directly give you a job, Rainmaker (the guys who deliver the MIPL) has some LPO diplomas you should look at instead.

Another thing. If you are not working, and can spend around 6 lakh (fees living, with a part-time job), you can take the third or fourth semester in QUT Australia and get a foreign degree. This is a comparatively cheap way to get a good foreign masters degree, in 6 months stay.

There are shortcomings with the way the program is conducted, but for an officially recognized degree it is easy and inexpensive. It all depends on your expectations. If you are expecting something as rigorous and expensive as a continuing education course from Harvard, you are looking in the wrong place. But if you are looking for an online, easily completable high-scoring official Indian Masters Degree from a recognized Indian Govt. university, it is a really good course.

So no, MIPL is not a 'scam', in the way the Govt of India is not a 'scam'. But god bless you if try to compare it with the Govt of America :P
31st March 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Even I am enrolled for the program.

The materials are good quality, but those in charge of affairs have made it absolutely bad quality course.

Being a completely online course (including examinations), few administrative adaptations were required, and officials have completely failed in providing assistance to students. Atleast three points needs to be noted:

1. We were given only 15 days to fill-up examination form online, and submit alongwith fees. There was no prior intimation, no phone call, no email, no letter from IGNOU or Rainmaker that we are required to fill an examination form. The only way a student could know that a form is required to be filled alongwith the last date was by checking the website of Rainmaker.

Now please tell me how many times one checks Rainmaker website, after the online assignments have been completed ?

In this case, the Rainmaker website started the news of filling up examination form on 11th March 2011, the last date for filling up form was 22nd March 2011, and with late fees-26th March 2011. Now if due to any reasons, the student misses the website by just 15 days, he simply can't sit for the examinations !!!

The scam called MIPL gets completed when officials in charge starts asking for bribes to condone delay in filling examination form. There is absolutely ho hearing of students' grievance by Rainmaker or IGNOU officials.

The least they could do is to inform the students in advance that forms would be filled-up during which period, so that students could look out for the same.

2. Examinations dates are notified only 28 days in advance. The students should have been given atleast a month prior to the exams (so that working people like me can apply for office leaves). The Doctine of Reasonable Notice, which has been recognised by Indian courts has been violated openly by IGNOU's school of law.

3. In some cases, Rainmaker do not get study materials from IGNOU itself.

I would say that IGNOU officials have failed this course. I am among the highest scorers in online weekly assignments of MIPL,but the online examinations' result did not even contain my name. I was very much recommending this course. But the recent experiences with IGNOU are completely heart breaking.

Those who really care for their 2 years, please do not join this course. Better online IPR study options are available from other Indian universities.
2nd April 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I have also enrolled for IGNOU - MIPL and the my experience is far from satisfactory. If you are ready to spend Rs 36000/- and looking for a masters degree you may join. Otherwise, please do not. This course is utterly mismanaged and internal assessments are farce. Rules change from time to time and most frustrating part is that nobody (neither Rainmaker nor Ignou) is bothered about students need.
19th May 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

shoul i join or not
1st July 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

I have joined MIPL with IGNOU ... any queries feel free to contact me ... [email protected]
1st July 2011, 01:05 AM
sradhakrishnann

I have joined MIPL in IGNOU ... do contact me for any queries ... [email protected]
4th July 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

I've also joined MIPL course. [email protected]
16th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

It is claimed in the course, lawyers undertaking the programme can also study in Australia and gain an Ll.M. in 6 months by enrolling in the M.I.P.L. programme.

How far it is true?? There is no procedure or any further information in the website...

I want to know, whether this is true. My email id is [email protected]
16th August 2011, 10:10 PM
nagarajabs

lawyers undertaking the programme can also study in Australia and gain an Ll.M. in 6 months by enrolling in the M.I.P.L. programme.

Is this true?? I do not see any information in the website...has anybody really gone??
16th August 2011, 10:15 PM
nagarajabs

lawyers undertaking the programme can also study in Australia and gain an Ll.M. in 6 months by enrolling in the M.I.P.L. programme.

Is this true?? I do not see any information in the website...has anybody really gone??
31st August 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I have also joined [email protected]
25th November 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

after completing m.i.p.l. course from ignou can i eligible for teaching profession in various in law colleges/engineering colleges?
my email [email protected]
3rd June 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I am b.sc graduate, want to joint mipl, after completing 6 course i.e one year,can i eligible for llm(master of law) please information give me,mob no 9999661665
19th July 2013, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

hey i need to know is mipl and llm same...will i be eligible for applying jobs in teaching which i can get only after llm
13th May 2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Its been a long time someone posted it. So the ppl who were doing it in 2012. Could you please comment, how was the course and how it changed your lives if it did ?
13th May 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

So its been a long time ppl has asked about MIPL. Do you have any idea if the course is maturing now, the way they conduct it. I would like to get a response from the ppl who have completed it and the change it brought into their lives or careers
13th May 2015, 11:25 AM
ksukku

Its been a long time now. So guys who have comleted their MPIL can give a feedback please ?
13th July 2018, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Anyone who has completed the MIPL programme - Can anyone give a feed back on it?
Also, do you get a Degree or a Diploma when you complete it?
mail me at - [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?