8th February 2012, 11:51 AM
Fr. P. Raj.

Is it possible to do MA (social studies) course under IGNOU through its study certre at Karimganj? What is the expected time of admission?

My colleque has completed graduation from Manipur University. She wishes to do MA in Social Studies. Is it possible to do this course under IGNOU through its study certre at Karimganj ? And when is the time for admission to post graduation courses under IGNOU ? You reply is awaited.

Fr. P. Raj.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the relationship between social studies and social science?
  2. Can I join BSW course in 2015? Process to join?
  3. Registration procedure to study BCA in IGNOU at Qatar? Study Centers of IGNOU at Qatar?
  4. Can I get Bank Education Loan to study Master of Social Work if pursuing Bachelor's Degree in IGNOU?
  5. Marks required in to get admission in B.Com(H) at IGNOU?
  6. How should I study for MBA IGNOU in less time?
  7. Can I get immediate admission to study B.Com in IGNOU if already pursuing from Telangana University?
  8. How to do MBA in HR? I am working as a Marketing Executive
  9. Information about BSW distance education? Last date to apply for it?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Mathematics) in IGNOU if secured 76.88% in 12th PSEB and 66% in Mathematics? Fee expenses and documents required to submit?
  11. Should I study MCA in IGNOU being an employee? Procedure to get admission?
  12. Admission to B.Tech after completing Diploma 2 yeas ago? Other part-time of distance courses available? Details about IGNOU in Baroda? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I study Abroad in a B-school through GMAT after doing distance BA (General) from IGNOU?
  14. IGNOU Bachelor in Social Work, Social Work intervention with Individuals and Group Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Am I eligible for TGT or PRT Social Studies Teacher
  16. Detailed information, procedure to apply, documents required and fee to study H.S. in IGNOU? After H.S. from IGNOU can I get admission in Pune University?
  17. Is it possible for me to complete my B.Com graduation being 40 years old now?
  18. Eligibility to study M.Phil in IGNOU for a candidate with 63% in M.A.(English)? When the admission starts? Process of selection? -- [New]
3rd August 2018, 10:36 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MA (social studies) course under IGNOU through its study certre at Karimganj? What is the expected time of admission?

Yes. You can study the course MA (Social Studies) through study center of IGNOU. For MA Admission, You must have qualified bachelor degree from a recognized university. Admission will be given on the basis of marks scored in qualifying exam. Admission is offered twice a year in the month of January and July.

Important Dates of Admission

For July Session
- Application Process Starts : May, 2018
- Application Process Ends : June/July, 2018
- Selection of Applicants : July/August, 2018

For January Session
- Application Process Starts : November, 2018
- Application Process Ends : January, 2019
- Selection of Applicants : January/February, 2019

Application Procedure For IGNOU Admission
- Visit the official site : www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in
- Click on "Register Yourself".
- Fill the required details such as Name, DOB, Email ID, Contact Number etc. and Click "Submit" button.
- You will get username and password through email and SMS.
- Login and Fill the application form with necessary details.
- In Next step, Upload scanned documents in specified size and format.
- Preview the application, Check it and Correct if any mistake. Finally submit your application.
- Make a application fee payment. On successful transaction, Your application is completed.

MA (Social Studies) Specializations
- Family and Child Welfare
- Human Resource Management
- Medical and Psychiatric Social Work
- Criminology and Correctional Administration
- Rural and Urban Community Development
- Industrial Relations and Labour Welfare
- Personnel Management

Employment Sectors After MA (Social Studies)
- Hospitals
- Education Institutes
- Health Centres
- Disaster Management Department
- Correction Centers
- NGOs
- Human Right Agencies
- Old Age Homes
- Counselling Centres
- HR Department In Industries
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?