4th May 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to give NDA exam after 10th? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

i'm in 12th can i give an nda exam on 10th based? Please tell me the procedure apply for the entrance exam

9th May 2011, 03:54 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give NDA exam after 10th? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

No dear its impossible.........!

NDA is conducted on 12th CBSE basis. There is no such option that candidate can appear for NDA on 10th basis.

NDA is purely conducted on 12th CBSE pattern and syallabus.

NDA is total of 900 marks.

Mathematics - 300 Marks totally based on CBSE 11th and 12th Science syllabus.

General Ability Test - 600 Marks whcih consists of English 200 Marks 12th based, Rest of 400 Marks have mixture of Physics CBSE 12th based, Chemistry CBSE 12th based and rest of all subjects viz: History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, etc. are CBSE 10th based and general aware and current issues, which are nothing but current affairs or general knowledge.

In no way there would be any type of change in examination.

Regrads
~Faiyaz~
9th May 2011, 07:02 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to give NDA exam after 10th? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Sorry its not possible to go through the NDA exam after completing your 10th.You can only apply for the NDA course if you have completed or pursuing your 12th from PCM(Physics,Chemistry,maths) stream.

How to Apply

Go through the 12th in PCM Stream and you can apply for the exam when your in pursuing 12th.You have two options either to apply online or through post.
Candidates may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.

The applications are available in the central/head post office of your city.This application form alongwith an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application will be obtainable against cash payment of Rs. 20/-.The applicants are required to affix the postage stamp of Rs. Six on the Acknowledgement Card and send the same along with application form to UPSC.The duly filled in application form and the acknowledgement card should then be mailed in the special envelope supplied with the Information Brochure to the following address:-

Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House,
Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi-110069.
9th May 2011, 08:50 AM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm in 12th can i give an nda exam on 10th based? Please tell me the procedure apply for the entrance exam
No, you can not appered NDA exam on 10th based.You can apply for the NDA exams if you have completed your 12th class.

If you have subject Physics, Chemistry, Maths in 12th, then you can apply for all post Army, Navy,and Air-force. Other wise if you complite 12th class without PCM and you have a marks above 60% then you can only apply for Army.

UPSC requred for NDA if minimum age limit between 16.5 years and 19 years.

You can visit the offical website of UPSC for more information.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
You can now apply in online with the site
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
9th May 2011, 09:10 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is it possible to give NDA exam after 10th? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Quote:
you are in 12th class you can give exam now as the eligiblity for NDA is should pass 12 th class exam and age must be within 16 half to 19 half years!!

and this exam conduct twice a year whose notification come in employement newspaper!!

so you can try to write your exam now on the basis of 12th class but not on 10th class based...
9th May 2011, 11:14 AM
venkatgct

Quote:
dear friend,

since u r in 12th ur less than a yr away from attending the exam. the NDA does not take up the 10th as a quality criteria so pl wait and appear for the exam after u finish ur 12th.

Remember the NDA is conducted twice a yr. u can apply for any of those!!

regards...
9th May 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

my birth date is 20 june 1993. when can i fill the form to join nda?
9th May 2011, 02:48 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You can give NDA exam after your 12th.It is conducted twice in a year.The age limit is 16 1/2 to 19 yrs.You can apply online from the upsc website:

www.upsc.gov.in

You can also buy the form from the post offices by cash payment of Rs 20/-.
9th May 2011, 05:41 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

No It is Not Possible.

The candidate should have completed Or Appearing in the 12th Class under 10+2 Pattern of School Education Or Equivalent Examination can also Apply for this Examination.

The Age Should Between 16.5 To 19 Yrs.

For Army Wings :

The candidate must have Passed 12th under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or Equivalent Examination.

For Air Force and Naval Wings :

The candidate must have Completed 12th under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or E
9th May 2011, 05:45 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Is it possible to give NDA exam after 10th? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?
No It is Not Possible.

The candidate should have completed Or Appearing in the 12th Class under 10+2 Pattern of School Education Or Equivalent Examination can also Apply for this Examination.

The Age Should Between 16.5 To 19 Yrs.

For Army Wings :

The candidate must have Passed 12th under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or Equivalent Examination.

For Air Force and Naval Wings :

The candidate must have Completed 12th under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or Equivalent Examination with Physics and mathematics.

So,You are not Eligible to Apply for NDA Exam.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
9th May 2011, 06:46 PM
Roysons

Dear,
No , its not at all possible to give the NDA exam after class 10th because the minimum educational qualification required is 10+2 pass candidates with physics , chemistry , maths with a minimum of 70% marks.
Apart from that only unmarried male candidates are allowed.( girls are not allowed ).
Moreover , age limitation is between 16.5 -19 years.
Eyesight should be 6/6 of both the years and minimum height should be 157 cm with 5 cm chest expansion.

Thanks.
9th May 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

sorry my friend its not possible nda is not the game of children
11th May 2011, 09:04 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Quote:

No you cannot apply for NDA just after 10 class.

To apply for NDA you must be in 12 class or should have passed it with 60% aggregate put together in all papers.

Following is the eligibility criteria for NDA:

1. Age- 16 1/2 to 19 years

2. Educational qualification- 10+2 scheme of education from a recognised board. (For army), 10+2 scheme of education with physics, chemistry and maths 60% aggregate from a recognised board.

3. Gender- Only male candidates can apply.

4. Nationality- Indian

5. Marital Status: unmarried
21st May 2011, 01:40 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

No you are not eligible for NDA exam because the minimum eligibility

criteria for NDA exam is pass 12th std. with physics and mathematics.

You can apply for the NDA exam in the appearing of 12th std.

For appear in the NDA exam the age must be between 16 1/2 to 19

years at the time of appear of the exam. NDA exam is conducted by

UPSC twice in a year. You can get more details regarding NDA exam

on the official website of UPSC.

Visit this website.

Regards
~Mukul~
21st May 2011, 08:57 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

No, you can not appered NDA exam on 10th based.You can apply for the NDA exams if you have completed your 12th class.

If you have subject Physics, Chemistry, Maths in 12th, then you can apply for all post Army, Navy,and Air-force. Other wise if you complite 12th class without PCM and you have a marks above 60% then you can only apply for Army.

UPSC requred for NDA if minimum age limit between 16.5 years and 19 years.

You can visit the offical website of UPSC for more information.
You can now apply in online with the site
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
22nd May 2011, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

i passed 10th with Information practices in lieu of Maths. Is there any examination which I can take now to make myself equivalent to 10th pass with mathematics?
30th May 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

i have done 10th class from cbse board . itake admision in 11th class. now in 2011 can i give NDA entrance exam.
19th June 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

what's salary these NDA ppeople get?
29th January 2012, 12:36 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for N.D.A exam on the bases of 10th.
If you want to join N.D.A then you have to pass 12th class.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying N.D.A exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
1st April 2012, 12:12 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Sorry, you cannot apply for NDA just after passing the 10th class as it requires a pass in 12th class examination from a recognized board/university.
The Eligibility Criteria for NDA is given below :
1. Nationality :
You must be a citizen of India.
2. Gender : You must be a male candidate.
3. Martial status : You must be an unmarried.
4. You must be physically fit.

Educational Qualification :
You must have qualified the 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.

Age Criteria :
The age limit for NDA is 16.5 years to 19 years.

* For more details, visit www.nda.nic.in
OR
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?