10th May 2011, 02:09 AM
vijay.s

can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

hellow sir/madam,
now i am doing final year(2011-2012) in BE(ECE). i am 20 years completed in march.can i apply the IAS exam.what are the basic qualifications requird to apply the exam

10th May 2011, 03:11 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

Default Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

The eligibility for IAS is as follows:

-Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
-Age limit:21-30yrs.
-Final year student can also apply for it.

As you are only 20yrs,you can apply next year.
10th May 2011, 03:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

Hello friend,
If you are in the final year of your bachelors degree program, you may apply for the Civil Service Exam. To be eligible for the second stage,i.e. the Main Exam, you must have passed the final year exam of your bachelors degree program.
The minimum eligible age for the exam is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST.
A graduate in any stream is eligible for the Civil Service Exam.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
10th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Roysons

Dear,
No , You cannot apply for the IAS exam when you are in the final year of B.E ECE because the minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.
Apart from that , age limitation is between 21-30 years for general categories , 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
General categories get 4 while SC/SC/OBC get 7 attempts to crack the exam.
General awareness is very important in its preparation.
Thanks.
10th May 2011, 09:35 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
hellow sir/madam,
now i am doing final year(2011-2012) in BE(ECE). i am 20 years completed in march.can i apply the IAS exam.what are the basic qualifications requird to apply the exam
No You cant apply now because the basic eligibility criteria is not satisfied by you

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

So now you are not eligible but you can apply next year i.e., for 2012 batch

Mean while get ready for the tough Competition

Preparation tips for for IAS examination are uploaded for you specially so please do have a look at it

The Attached File is in txt format

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
Attached Files
File Type: txt prep tips.txt(1.2 KB, 76 views)
10th May 2011, 09:42 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Thumbs up Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

you better attempt IAS exam next year....

eligibility criteria for IAS EXAM

=>candidate should complete a minimum age of 21

=>candidate should be from indian nationality

=>candidate should atleast complete atleast one degree...

all the best...

regards
yogi
10th May 2011, 11:57 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

Quote:
hellow sir/madam,
yes you can apply for IAS even if you are in final year also.

and Minimum education criteria = Graduate

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing

Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.

A general candidate can attempt Four times only.Where as Seven attempts of OBCs. And no limit for SCs/STs.
11th May 2011, 11:10 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hellow sir/madam,
No,You are Not Eligible for Civil Service Examination.

The candidate You Should have a degree from a Recognized University or Equivalent Qualification.

Also The candidate should between 21 - 30 Yrs of age as on 1st Aug,2011.

Even Final Year candidates can also Appear In I.A.S Exam.

But,Your age Is Just 20 Yrs,That why You are Not Eligible this Year Examination.

So,Try for Next Year Examination.

More details,Visit the official websites : www.upsc.gov.in
11th May 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

What is probable period of declaring the resuld of DI condcted by UPSC a few months ago ?
19th June 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i have completed my B.Tech in i.t (information technology). can i iligible for IES exam.
11th August 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am shankar ganesh and i have completed my diploma in mechanical and now studying amie 1st year in evening college and i am 21 years old
3rd September 2011, 04:55 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

if you are the student between the age 21 to 30 and in the final year of the graduation you ca definitely attempt for the ias exam.

you can attempt the ias exam 2012 when you will be of age more than 21 and with completion of graduation or in the final year of the graduation.

to know more about the ias exam and its latest notifications kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
8th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for ias while in final year of amie
9th September 2011, 12:09 AM
gagan4790

Quote:
hellow sir/madam,
Hi Dear

You can contact [email protected] for guidance n preparation of IAS exam....
ALL THE BEST!!!1
9th September 2011, 02:43 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Being a student of final year ECE. It's not possible right now to sit for the exam. The criteria is-
1. Your age must be within 21-30 years
2. You must have a Bachelor Degree
Although if you are completing your degree meanwhile and your age is becoming 21 years by that time then you can easily apply.
Right now you have to wait for 1year and complete your graduation.
26th September 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage required for appearing the UPSC exam from any degree?
29th September 2011, 07:57 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Talking Re: can I apply for IAS exam while in final year of B.E ECE? What are the basic qualifications required?

hai dear!!!

Being a student of final year ECE. It's not possible right now to sit for the exam. The criteria is-
1. Your age must be within 21-30 years
2. You must have a Bachelor Degree
Although if you are completing your degree meanwhile and your age is becoming 21 years by that time then you can easily apply.
Right now you have to wait for 1year and complete your graduation.

good luck
31st March 2012, 02:40 PM
kaveribiswas

31st March 2012, 02:42 PM
kaveribiswas

1st April 2012, 12:14 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS examination
Then I should tell you that you are not eligible for IAS examination
As you have not completed your graduation
So you are not eligible for IAS examination.

You must complete your graduation before you are appearing in the examination.

Here is the details criteria for IAS
Please go through these details

IAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

I think you have understand the terms

Best of luck........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?