28th May 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Which are the possible government jobs after B.Tech IT? Are there any IT related subjects in UPSC exam?

hi, i am in 2yr b.tech from it stream. i want to know what are the possible government jobs which i can get after completing my b.tech.
And also r there any it related subjects for upsc exams.

You can mail me at:
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. What are the various government jobs available for B.Tech ECE students? -- [New]
  2. Can I take admission in B.E civil after passing B.Tech
  3. Jobs in defence after Btech (IT) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Are there any government jobs for biotechnology engineers? Which are the companies related to it?
  5. Government jobs related to my qualification in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh state? What is the eligibility criteria?
  6. Is there any chance for a job after completing Polytechnic Course?
  7. What are the government jobs available for Biotechnology engineers in Karnataka?
  8. Can I get a good job after completing B.Tech? I have cleared my backlog in 2nd semester
  9. Can I get a job in UPSC being a B.E.(E&TC) graduate? Job opportunities in Government Sector?
  10. What I have to do to get a Job after completion of BCA course?
  11. Government related jobs for those who have completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  12. Best job oriented course after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Which is the best institute in Delhi
  13. Job vacancies for BSc electronics students?
  14. Details about government jobs which are available after B.Tech? Eligibility criteria and percentage? Is government job better than the private?
  15. How can I get into government jobs after completion of B.Tech (ECE)?
  16. Which subjects should I choose for UPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing Environmental Engineering?
  17. Which are the upcoming government jobs for Bachelor in Physiotherapy students? Do I need to prepare for banking services exam or UPSC?
  18. What are the government jobs I can get after completion of B.Tech Electronics and Communication?
29th May 2011, 07:12 AM
stranger351

Default Re: Which are the possible government jobs after B.Tech IT? Are there any IT related subjects in UPSC exam?

As in your question you are in 2nd year of B-Tech..
Don't worry you will get job in your Last semester..Many Companies are come in colleges and they take students directly on the basis of a small exam and a Interview...
There are various Government companies which give job to IT B-Tech students ....
If you looking for Government job then you can try for governments companies in India like BHEL,SAIL,ISRO etc.
Or you can try for private companies which paid more then government companies like INFOSYS, TATA, RELIANCE etc.
Or you can looking for UPSC exams which are held every year For UPSC exam information you can visit http://upsc.gov.in
29th May 2011, 09:34 AM
Deb51

Default Re: Which are the possible government jobs after B.Tech IT? Are there any IT related subjects in UPSC exam?

there are so many government sector which recruit B.Tech IT candidate like Indian railway, Indian army, Indian air force, Civil service etc. some government undertaking company like BSNL etc also recruit B.Tech IT candidate. in UPSC examination there is subject which is Engineering related but not properly IT related. go to the website http://www.upsc.gov.in you will get details about the subject in UPSC civil service examination.
29th May 2011, 10:56 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Following are the government companies in which you can apply for a job after

completion of B.Tech. in IT.

BSNL
Bharat Electronics Limited(BEL)
ISRO
DRDO.

There is no subject related to IT in UPSC Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conducts Engineering services examination in which there are

four categories; Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & Comm.

You can apply for Engineering Services Examination under Electronics

and Communication Engineering category.
29th May 2011, 12:15 PM
babydoll

Hello,
There are many government jobs for B.Tech students having Computer science and IT branch.
A candidate can apply for many UPSC conducted jobs as given below:
*Bank exam
*Railway recruitment board
*IAS/IPS
*PSC
*Defense
*Food corporation
*Bharat electronics limited
*BSNL/JTO

These are the jobs which are conducted by the UPSC and PSC.

You can select many computer based subjects in the mains of the entrance exams.
*Data Structure and Algorithm
*Data Base management System
*Computer Organization.
*Data Mining
29th May 2011, 01:59 PM
SKUMAR76

Hello,
There are many jobs for an Engineering students having CS/IT branch.
As UPSC conducts many exams for the engineers so you can apply for all the exams conducted by UPSC.
You can apply for:
*BSNL/JTO
*BANK EXAMS
*DEFENSE SERVICES
*IAS/IPS
*RAILWAYS
............And many more jobs conducted by UPSC or PSC.

The subjects which are based on computers are:
*Computer Architecture
*Theory of computation
*DSA
*DBMS
29th May 2011, 01:59 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

You can Get many government jobs,

Nowadays computers from the backbone of operations in most companies,

including government companies.

following are some of the companies
BANKs.........SBI
PNB etc.

TELECOM....BSNL
MTNL etc.
Educational Institutions
colleges,universities
Schools
Research and Defense:: DRDO
BARC,ISRO etc
In addition you can also Appear for IES, through any stream of your choice and
get nice jobs in govt. sector
29th May 2011, 02:24 PM
mohit753

Smile Re: Which are the possible government jobs after B.Tech IT? Are there any IT related subjects in UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i am in 2yr b.tech from it stream. i want to know what are the possible government jobs which i can get after completing my b.tech.

You can mail me at:
[email protected]
HI THERE are many govt. jobs for you after completion of your b.tech.
such as BEL,Coal india pvt. ltd. ,etc.
there is not even a single subject related to IT in UPSC exam
29th May 2011, 06:41 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

IT students are huge demand in government sector you can make your career in education, banks, defence services, telecommunication companies, aviation and railway as a good post. Now it depends in which side you want to go.

After completing your B.Tech degree you have to go through the written exam or interview to get the job in government sector.

There is no any subject present in UPSC exam for the IT student but you can seat in the UPSC exam.
29th May 2011, 06:43 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which are the possible government jobs after B.Tech IT? Are there any IT related subjects in UPSC exam?

IT students are huge demand in government sector you can make your career in education, banks, defence services, telecommunication companies, aviation and railway as a good post. Now it depends in which side you want to go.

After completing your B.Tech degree you have to go through the written exam or interview to get the job in government sector.

There is no any subject present in UPSC exam for the IT student but you can seat in the UPSC exam.
5th June 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

which is the best job which we can get after completing our b-tech and if we take b-tech as our subjct what are the possible subject which will be present in it ? if u got an answer please mail me at [email protected] :)
1st March 2012, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
Hello,

These are the jobs which are conducted by the UPSC and PSC.

You can select many computer based subjects in the mains of the entrance exams.
*Data Structure and Algorithm
*Data Base management System
*Computer Organization.
*Data Mining
hi i am particularly interested in technical field and would like to know is the above mentioned subjects allowed in UPSC/PSC
12th January 2013, 01:43 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

the possible government jobs after B.Tech It

1.sail
2.gail
3.isro
4.drdo
5.ntpc
6.hpcl
7.iocl
8.ecil

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th March 2013, 05:43 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can mail me at:
[email protected]
You can opt for IES i.e Indian Engineering Services.The exam is conducted by upsc for engineering graduates and you can apply for it after graduation.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?