8th November 2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Indian Army at the age of 16 years?

My current age is 16 years and i would like to join Indian army , is there any possibilities or any vaccancies for this age limit i am waiting for your favourable answer ,minimum age limit for joining Indian army

8th November 2015, 05:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Indian Army at the age of 16 years?

For joining Indian Defense Services at this age you will have to join National Defense Academy ( NDA ) by clearing NDA entrance examination.

NDA is meant for providing necessary training and education those who are interested to make their career in the defense field as an officer.

The same examination is held twice every year once in the month of April and once in the month of September by Union Public Service Commission and are known as NDA I and NDA II respectively.

For appearing in the same examination you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same degree course or any other equivalent degree course from a recognized institute.

Now as you are currently 16 years old so probably by the next NDA entrance examination ( that is by the March of next year ) your age will be around 16.5 years i.e; within the age limit. So you will be eligible for next NDA examination if you satisfy the other criteria too.

For more details and updates about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th November 2015, 08:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My current age is 16 years and i would like to join Indian army , is there any possibilities or any vaccancies for this age limit i am waiting for your favourable answer ,minimum age limit for joining Indian army
As per your age criteria, you are not eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam. Details of NDA exam is given below.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
8th November 2015, 10:18 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For Indian Army you have to apply for NDA exam. NDA is short for National Defence Academy. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC two times in a year named as NDA-I and NDA-II.

NDA exam is conducted for Air Force, Navy and Indian Army posts.

Educational qualification- for Indian Army, you need 12th in any stream and for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy, you need 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Age Limit- Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

I will suggest you that please go through the official notification before making decision.

Official Website- http://upsc.gov.in/
8th November 2015, 11:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to appear for the examination as according to the present age. To join the India Army the candidates have to qualify in the NDA entrance examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates age must be between the 16.5-19.5 years.
* Only male candidates are eligible.

To get the more information about the examination details visit at the www.upsc.gov.in. The examination are conducted in the month of April and the September.
8th November 2015, 11:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Army. To join the Indian army the best opportunity is through the NDA entrance examination.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the 10+2 from a recognised board and the age between the 16.5-19.5 years.

So you need to wait to appear for the examination but you can start the preparation for the examination. The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?