3rd October 2017, 09:38 AM
Ubaidull

Is it possible for me to become a software engineer if I have not passed 10th standard?

Sir/Mam, I am not passed 10th want to make software engineer you have an option. Can you please provide me with the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon with good suggestions. Awaiting for the response.

4th October 2017, 12:05 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a software engineer if I have not passed 10th standard?

I will recommend you to do diploma course from correspondence in IT without which it is quite not possible to be a software engineer.
You can gain experience by working in small software developing company after which you can work in more companies.
4th October 2017, 12:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to become a software engineer if I have not passed 10th standard?

No, it is not possible to become a Software Engineer if you have not passed 10th standard. To become a Software Engineer, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in CSE/ IT/ ECE stream from a Government recognised university. To be eligible to pursue Bachelor's degree course in CSE/ IT/ ECE stream, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. So, you need to qualify 10th standard examination to be eligible to pursue your higher studies to become a Software Engineer.
4th October 2017, 09:33 PM
stutiswet2

If you have not passed 10th standard, then you cannot study 11th standard and ultimately 12th standard. And hence, you cannot apply for engineering entrance exams which are gateway for becoming software engineer.
Also, you will not be able to apply for Diploma course. So, you cannot join Diploma or Polytechnic course if your have not passed 10th.
4th October 2017, 10:29 PM
ranu shahi

You cannot become a software engineer being a 10th failed. But you can erase this tag by completing your 10th standard through NIOS. After that you have to complete your 12th standard.

First way is that you have to apply for JEE Mains examination, if you will qualify this examination then you will go to the next level of selection that is JEE Advance after that counseling to get admission in any engineering colleges/institutes.

Another way is that after completing 12th, you will go for any private but reputed engineering institutes directly. But this way is little bit expensive.
5th October 2017, 02:15 AM
Tapanv

See if you have not passed 10th exams than its very clear that you can't get degree of software engineer but yes definitely you can work as a software engineer in very big and reputed companies for that I am just listing one institution but there are many institution.
IANT in India is very big just like academic which provide you with knowledge of computer from very basic to advance level. There you will learn many things like networking , coding, hardware, hacking, cybersecurity and many more thing.
There are different syllabus design by them so you can choose syllabus of your interest and after completion they even have placement systems also so from there only you can get job in well reputed company for role of your interest.
5th October 2017, 10:22 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an engineer in any trade you need to pursue Bachelor of Engineering/Technology degree in the concerned trade and for pursuing the same you either need to hold higher secondary school degree in science stream with PCM group or a diploma in engineering degree in concerned trade from a recognized institute.

So as you have mentioned that you have even not completed your Class 10th so it is not possible for you to become software engineer at this stage.

Further to become software engineer, you first need to complete your Class 10th followed by Class 12th with PCM group or diploma in engineering in Computer science and B.tech in computer science.

Also for getting admission in top engineering colleges for pursuing your B.Tech degree to have better job prospects you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
5th October 2017, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you have not passed 10th standard then, it is not possible for you to become a Software Engineer. To be eligible to become a Software Engineer, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Science/ Information Technology or any other related stream from a recognised university. So, you need to qualify 10th standard and then pursue Higher Secondary course and Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to become a Software Engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?