2nd January 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do NDA after engineering?

can i do nda after engineering?..could u please tell me if its possible for me to do so

3rd January 2012, 07:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do NDA after engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do nda after engineering?..could u please tell me if its possible for me to do so
Its Not Possible for you to appear for NDA (I) 2012 Examination, After completing your Engineering degree course.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised Board, Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

Only Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 Years are eligible to apply for this examination.

The Notification of NDA Examination was already announced and the Notification is Availiable in the official website and the Last date of fill the Online application form is 30/Jan/2012.

If your are born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 then you are eligible for NDA Examination.

Other wise you have another Option to apply for CDS Examination, This examination is Also conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination, your age should between 19 to 25 Years and you must have completed your Graduate degree course from a recognised University. So please wait for the CDS (II) 2012 Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more Information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2012, 10:47 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes, Sure. NDA is an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission commonly called as UPSC. It is expanded as National Defense Academy exam and after clearing that exam you will be joining in any of the defense services of India. To appear in that exam you must have some eligibility requirements. They are

1. Your age must be above 16 1/2 years and below 19 years.
2. You must have finished your 12th std of any stream from a recognized
school.
3. If you want to join in Indian Navy of Air force you must have taken science
as your stream in 12th.

As you have finished your Engineering i am sure that you would have taken science as your stream in 12th std. So you are eligible for all defense services. I would suggest you to appear in an exam named CDSE expanded as Combined Defense Service after clearing which you can enter into defense services as an higher rank official itself. This exam requires a graduation to appear and your age can be above 19 and must be below 23 years.
4th January 2012, 12:28 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for N.D.A after passing Engineering.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

If you really want to join Defence sector then you can apply after completion of Engineering.
For this you have to qualify the Combine Defence Services Exam.
C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year..

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
4th January 2012, 12:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for the admission in the Army,Naval wing and Air wing of the NDA.The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility Criteria for the NDA examination is that a candidate has passed class 12th or equivalent.Class 12th appearing students are also eligible for the examination.Age of the candidate should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable.You must have citizenship of India.

If you have passed class 12th or appearing in it then you are quite eligible for the examination.

Your diploma subject must be Physics and Maths.

But sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA exam because your age is over now .

So you can try for CDS ,AFCAT ,UES ,NCC SPECIAL ENTRY exam after completion of your graduation degree.

If you have completed your B-TECH corse with above 60 % marks then you are applicable for all above mention exams.
23rd May 2013, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 11 OCT 1994 AM AND AGE IS 18 YEARS CAN I APPLY FOR NDA EXAM 2013 AUG 9????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?