15th February 2016, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in Karnataka State Board if discontinued 11th CBSE?

I am going to discontinue my 11th in 2015-16 ,as the school I was in wasn't that good. So, now I wish to join 11th again (2016-17) in either a cbse or Karnataka state board school. Is it possible ,if so what are the procedures ?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?
  2. Which Board is better among CBSE and Karnataka State Board for Higher Secondary Education? Coaching classes for JEE Advanced in Karnataka?
  3. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  4. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  5. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  6. Procedure to study 11th in Kerala State Board for 10th CBSE student?
  7. Possibility to get admission in 11th CBSE for Kerala State Board student?
  8. Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?
  9. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  10. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Should I migrate to State Board for further studies of Architecture being an 11th CBSE student?
  12. Can I change from CBSE to State board in 11th standard?
  13. Can I get admission to study in 12th CBSE being a PUC-1 Karnataka State Board student?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission in Hyderabad State board if completed 11th from Qatar? Procedure to get admission?
  15. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th for Aerospace Engineer aspirant?
  16. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  17. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  18. Conversion from CBSE 11th to Maharashtra state board is possible in 12th?
15th February 2016, 06:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Karnataka State Board if discontinued 11th CBSE?

Yes, it is possible, you must obtain your transfer certificate and migration certificate from your old school in which you were reading class 11th. Now after that you can take admission in any college or school affiliated to either Karnataka State Board or CBSE.

However, if you seek my suggestion then it would be better to continue with same school as you will have one year gap and later on gap year between studies matter a lot. If your school is not good then you can take coaching or do some self study to compensate for that.
15th February 2016, 09:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Karnataka State Board if discontinued 11th CBSE?

Eligibility criteria for taking admission in some other board in class 11th:

*You can get admission in standard 11th in any school of Karnataka State Board school by submitting documents like Transfer certificate, marksheets of class tenth and address proof.

*After that pay required fees and submit photograph for final confirmation of admission.
15th February 2016, 10:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There is no issue in taking admission in Karnataka State Board if you do not want to study in CBSE affiliated school. However, as per experts and candidates, CBSE board is more flexible and easy to score as compared to Karnataka State Education Board.

What you need to do is to get your migration certificate and transfer certificate from this school of class tenth which you submitted in order to get admission in this school. After that next stage is to visit any Karnataka State Education board of your choice and submit all documents for admission in fresh academic year for standard 11th.
15th February 2016, 11:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the 10+2 again from any of them either CBSE or Karnataka State Education Board.

If you want to change the board you need one extra document as migration certificate from CBSE and submit it to school you are going to take admission.

You also have to give a proper reason of one year back to get admission and have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by the school for admission.

For more information about admission detail visit the school you want to get admission.
15th February 2016, 11:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can continue from other board but before this you need to take transfer certificate by giving certain reasons. You have to submit all important documents for getting admitted in other board. They will give you TC only after satisfying your need. You shohld go through some procedures for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?