9th April 2017, 03:50 PM
Kansara Birju s

Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard?

Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard? Can you please let me know where to apply for the job? What should be the next steps I need to follow? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is the Procedure to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? In which exam do I have to appear?
  2. How to can I become an engine driver in Indian Railways? I have completed 12th standard with 92%
  3. How can I become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Engine Driver?
  4. How can I get a job of Engine driver in the Indian Railways after completing B.Sc IT? Which exam do I need to appear?
  5. How much should I score in the entrance exam to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways?
  6. Procedure to become a railway engine driver?
  7. What steps should I follow after completing B.Sc scoring 55% marks to become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways?
  8. What is the Category of an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? Is it Class 3 or class 4?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Engine Driver Post in the Indian Railways after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communications?
  10. Am I eligible to become an engine driver after completion of 12th standard?
  11. How to be a train driver after passing 10th standard
  12. What is the procedure to become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway?
  13. How can I become an engine driver after class 12th?
  14. Is b.com degree is useful to get railway engine driver job? What is the procedure followed to get the job in Railways?
  15. What I have to do after 10th to be an Indian Railway Engine Driver? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Which course should I pursue to become an Indian Railway engine driver?
  17. Can I apply for Railway Engine Driver Post after completing 10th with 95% marks
  18. Procedure to become a Railway Engine Driver?
9th April 2017, 05:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard?

To become an engine driver in Indian Railways you have to appear in loco pilot entrance exam which is conducted by railway recruitment board and eligibility criteria required to apply for RRB loco pilot is mentioned below:

You should have passed the 10th standard and ITI or diploma in engineering course from a government recognised Institute and you should be at least 18 years old and not more than 30 years of age.
9th April 2017, 05:18 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

Default Re: Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard?

To become an engine driver, you must have to qualify loco pilot exam which is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).

Eligibility criteria for loco pilot exam:

-> You should have passed 10th standard and ITI or diploma in engineering course from government institute.

-> Minimum age limit- 18 years.
Maximum age limit- 30 years.
Relaxation is given to reserved categories.
9th April 2017, 05:55 PM
sky bhalodi

For becoming an engine driver in Indian Railways then you have to give Assistant Loco Pilot exam which is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.

The eligibility criteria for applying the Assistant Loco Pilot exam is below :

Education Qualification :

Matriculation plus ITI in the trades of Fitter / Instrument Mechanic / Electrician / Electronic Mechanic / Mechanic diesel / Turner / Machinist / Refrigeration & AC mechanic
OR
Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile Engineering recognized by AICTE.

A candidate having higher degree in above engineering field will also be eligible for the exam.

Age Limit :18-30 years. There will be Upper Age relaxation for reserved cast.

Exam Process :
1) Written Exam
2) Aptitude Test
3) Document Verification

In written exam there will be objective type questions containing sections of Aptitude , General Awareness, Reasoning and Technical Ability.

Those who pass the written exam will go for the next stage i.e. Aptitude test.

Final selected candidates will be go for document verification.

After successful verification one must go under training period for becoming ALP.
9th April 2017, 10:01 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To become an engine driver you have to apply for ITI course in specific trade after completion of your matriculation. Once you complete this course successfully then you can apply for RRB exam for the post of assistant loco pilot. Once you qualify in this exam, you will be shortlisted for the training. For more information you can visit the official website of RRB. Thanks
9th April 2017, 10:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Engine Driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard:-

To become an engine driver in Indian Railways you have to appear in loco pilot examination. Which is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)

Eligibility criteria:-

You should have passed 10th standard and ITI or diploma engineering course from a government recognised institute

The minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
9th April 2017, 11:38 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become a loco pilot you must have studied diploma in electrical / mechanical / automobile / electrical engineering. Merely, class 10th will not be enough to make you eligible for this post.

Even an ITI diploma in related streams will be enough to become eligible for this exam. Age required for it is 17 to 21 years. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam in interview.
10th April 2017, 12:34 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that to become an engine driver you must have passed Intermediate from at least 60% aggregate if in General category.
After that one more important thing is that you must have a technical degree from any of the recognized university.
Age should not less than 18 years and not more than 28 years.
10th April 2017, 12:52 AM
ranu shahi

To become an engine driver you should complete intermediate first. Then after you get an ITI degree from a recognized institute. As because it is very important. Then only you will be eligible for this.
Age limit should be 18-28 years.
10th April 2017, 12:56 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, become driver ( Loco Pilot ) in Indian Railway the candidates have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by RRB.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 10th and have diploma/ITI in diesel engine, mechanical stream etc.

The minimum age limit is 18 years. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 10th std. You have to pursue diploma course for appearing in examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?