27th June 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

i have completed diploma in mechanical engineering, i want to take admission for engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  2. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. How to join Anna University after scoring 93% in diploma mechanical engineering?
  4. Procedure to join IAS for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate?
  5. Am I eligible to join Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Procedure to join Evening College for Engineering course being a candidate having completed Diploma in Mechanical and working in a MNC?
  7. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  8. Procedure to join IMA after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Procedure to join Marine Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. Admission procedure to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for 2 years ITI Mechanical holder?
  11. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  14. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  15. Procedure to study Aviation after completion of Mechanical Diploma?
  16. Which courses can i do in Humanities after passing 10th standard? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible to join Robotics engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
29th October 2011, 11:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

You can get admission in any college providing lateral entry in Mechanical engineering. In such a case you will get admission in the second year of engineering course. You can appear for entrance test for engineering course. You need to check with the institute on the score accepted by them. You can visit the official website of the college for further details.
30th October 2011, 12:34 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi Dear
After complete your 10th exam then you join Diploma in mechanical branch
then you eligible after complete diploma then you enter in to a degree college
but for this you give a entrance exam after complete your diploma if you secure a good rank then you eligible for study in a good college.

after diploma you addmission in lateral entry as you enter in to a degree program for 2nd year directly because all the first year paper also you once read in diploma so as for that all diploma student directly admission as lateral entry students...........
30th October 2011, 01:25 AM
abhin91
Member+

You have to write the lateral entry exam for the particular university to get admitted to any of the colleges under that university.
30th October 2011, 02:48 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

You can get an admission in B.tech/B.E after diploma in mechanical engineering but you will get the admission in the second year of engineering course.And for too you have to appear for the entrance exam that is conducted by the college.
30th October 2011, 08:11 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed diploma in mechanical engineering, i want to take admission for engineering.
Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

You can join B.Tech courses directly into 2nd year through a scheme known as Lateral Entry Scheme or Diploma to Degree scheme. Different institutions and colleges has their own criteria for taking admission but most of them conducts an entrance exam for this purpose so you need to see the criteria of some specific college ,in which you want to get admission.After getting admission ,you will join B.Tech courses directly from 3rd semester .This scheme works on the principle that first year courses of all branches are same.

For applying for Lateral entry scheme you must complete 3 years diploma after class 10th.

With Regards
ravik1214
30th October 2011, 09:21 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
there is a scheme called lateral entry through which you can get into the engineering courses. There are lot of branches in engineering which one can get into it.
For applying for lateral entry one should have completed three year diploma course after 10th standard. The procedure for the admission is differs from universities to universities.
Certain universities conduct entrance exam through which the give admission by which you will be admitted directly into second year.
For certain universities admission is based on the marks you have got in the diploma. In few states counselling is held by the state government for admitting the aspirant into collegeg based on the vacancies
If you wish to write national level entrance exam. Then you can write the AIEEE exam but through it you will be admitted to first year only. You can apply provided your diploma must be approved by AICTE
30th October 2011, 10:57 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Procedure to join B.Tech/B.E after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

How To Join B.Tech After Diploma

In order to join B.Tech after completing your diploma..you need to clear the lateral entry exam of your desired college..

Except for IITs and NITs..almost all the colleges in India conduct lateral entry exams..

You just need to contact your desired college in order to take the forms and the date of that particular college's lateral entry exam..

The lateral entry exam will be based on the course of your diploma only..

You will have to clear the exam and then you will get direct admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech in that college..

There are many private institutions for which you can apply like :-

ITM,Gurgaon
IMS,Ghaziabad
Manipal University
Thapar University
JIIT,Noida
LNMIT,Jaipur

and many more..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
30th October 2011, 02:40 PM
mani vasu

there are some institutions in which u can directly get an seat without any entrace examination on basing your merit ...
there also b managing quota for the students who r completed their diploma ... else u can give the entrance examinations of authorized institutions .... u can get lateral entry in any institute regarding their terms and conditions .....
so first u get decide in which clg do u want to join .. n plz send the institute name for me ..so that i ll say the eligibilty for that college to join ...and also the process that how u would join in that ....
thanking you ...
best regards ..
23rd January 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I complete Part time D.M.E. How can I take admission in night B.Tech in mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?