18th January 2016, 03:42 PM
suraj gantyala

Procedure to join Indian Army after B.Tech?

Well actually i am b tech final with 58 percentage and i am interested in joining indian army. So, tell me that what is the procedure to join indian army ??

18th January 2016, 11:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army after B.Tech?

There are various options through which you can join Indian Army. One of the best way in which percentage criteria is not given so much importance, you need to have passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

With 58% marks in Bachelor of Technology, you can apply for Combined Defence Services exam conducted by UPSC twice every year. Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this exam. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

The age limit for Army is 19-24 years. It has written test and SSB. To get job in army, you must clear both stage. Once notification is out, you can apply for exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.

Other than CDS exam, you can apply for SSC Tech for Indian Army.
19th January 2016, 12:22 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army after B.Tech?

After completing any Bachelors degree, student can apply directly to Indian Army if any vacancy is announced by the officials.
Also, students can join Indian Army through CDS.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service.
CDS examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
Eligibility to appear in CDS are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must be unmarried
-Candidate must be of age 18-23 years for Indian Military Academy
-Candidate must have completed Bachelor degree in any disciple from a recognized university

You can also apply for Indian Naval Academy which requires candidate having completed B.Tech/B.E.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?