27th December 2011, 08:55 PM
pratik0723

Procedure to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any separate procedure to apply for this in Government Colleges?

sir i m B.E. mechanical engineering,plz tell me the procedure for how to apply. and join the merchant navy,and is there is separate procedure to apply for government collages.

30th December 2011, 06:06 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any separate procedure to apply for this in Government Colleges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik0723 View Post
sir i m B.E. mechanical engineering,plz tell me the procedure for how to apply. and join the merchant navy,and is there is separate procedure to apply for government collages.
Being an Engineering graduate in Mechanical, you may definitely apply for the post of Junior Engineer in Merchant Navy.
Whichever shipping company you will apply for, they will make sure that you have completed the necessary pre-sea course, which is offered by various institutes including Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai.
The duration of the course is 1 year.

After completion of the pre-sea course and having done your graduation in Mechanical Engineering, you will have to apply to the shipping companies depending upon the vacancy. The institute do not offer placement services.
17th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any separate procedure to apply for this in Government Colleges?

sir may i know which is the best way to be a pilot ? after the mechanical engineering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?