2nd August 2011, 06:15 PM
sata dhaliwal

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

sir, it is my last year in b-tech in mech. engg. I want to know the procedure to join the merchant navy.

3rd August 2011, 07:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Since you are from the mechanical engineering stream you need to undergo a year of pre-sea training before joining any ship. The selection for this course will be based on merit. Normally the notification of the same is issued in the month of November. Institutes like MERI, LBS offer courses in this area. The fees for the course will be around Rs 150000 to 200000.
6th August 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

i have done my post graduation mba btech mechanical
6th August 2011, 04:39 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?

Since you are already a B.Tech you are eligible to join this stream. But since you are not from the marine engineering stream you will need to go through the one year of pre sea training. Also you have more than the minimum of 50% marks which is the minimum requirement. You need to select the institute from which you plan to do the course. You will need to appear for an entrance exam for joining that institute. On clearing the test you will need to appear for an interview round. Only on clearing this will you be able to join the institute for training. But before that you will also need to undergo a physical fitness test. There will be a thorough check up as it is a must in this field. After training you can choose which company you would like to work for.
20th August 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I M A FINAL YEAR STUDENT OF MECHANICAL STREAM SO WHAT SHOULD I DO TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY?
31st August 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i have competed my b.tech with mechanical enggineering stream and now i want to join marchant navy
pleas tell me the procedure to join marchant navy and all condition which require.
31st August 2011, 06:20 PM
rana2011
Banned

Since you are from the mechanical engineering stream you need to undergo a year of pre-sea training before joining any ship. The selection for this course will be based on merit. Normally the notification of the same is issued in the month of November. Institutes like MERI, LBS offer courses in this area. The fees for the course will be around Rs 150000 to 200000.

Thanks!!
5th October 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility to join merchant navy after b.e. mechanical
10th October 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure of physical fittness in merchant navy?
22nd October 2011, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

MY B.TECH PERCENTAGE IS 58 [MECHANICAL ENGG.] AND I WANT TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY. MY CANTACT NO IS 9454595070
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?