25th August 2015, 07:46 PM
VinodGhorla

Relationship between student, Advisor/Guide, University and Research conducted by students?

What is relationship between me, my Advisor/Guide (Post Graduation Studies), University and Research conducted by me?

Here is scenario: I am going to conduct my post graduation research in near future. If I successfully complete any research project which is essential part of my post graduation degree and submit corresponding thesis to my university then:

What are the rights of me(research student) regarding research project?

Do I have complete rights (including commercial benefits) of that research projects?

Can I alone get the patent rights of the the research or
---me along with my Guide/Advisor or
---me me along with my Guide/Advisor and University?

Do I get any commercial benefits from my university if university decide to sell the research project/ product developed?

What are the rights of university on my research project?

What are the rights of my Advisor/Guide on my research project?

Is there any guideline from University Grant Commission (UGC), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) on this matter?

Please reply with authentic information only. Post links from UGC/ICAR websites or similar websites in support to your answer. You can provide pdf links also.

Note: Users who haven't completed their graduation need not to answer.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?