1st July 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt IT stream instead of chemical in NIT? What would be the initial package for the same?

i m getting chemical in nit ,.should i opt itand tell me about its placements /package after b.tech and how is it for girls
please reply soon..

28th September 2015, 01:01 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt IT stream instead of chemical in NIT? What would be the initial package for the same?

As compared to the Chemical engineering, Information technology is more better for the girls. So, you can opt for the Information technology without any hesitation. Computer science Engineering, Information technology and Electronics and Communication Engineering are considered to be the best branches for the girls.

After completion of bachelor's degree in Information technology, the package offered will depend upon in which company you have got placement. Some of the top IT companies are Google, Facebook, Oracle, Infosys, TCS, IBM etc. The package generally starts from Rs 4 lac per annum for freshers and may reach upto 20 lacs per annum and even more depending upon the firm and your performance in recruitment tests.

But in mass recruiter companies like TCS, IBM, Tech Mahindra, it is generally around 5 lacs per annum.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?