19th February 2017, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should a Bachelor of Social Work choose for IAS Mains exam? Extra subjects have to study for IAS exam?

Hello sir, I want to study Bachelor of Social Work and prepare for IAS exam along with it. Please tell me which subject should I choose for Mains and extra subjects will I have to study for it?

Related Questions:
25th February 2017, 08:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should a Bachelor of Social Work choose for IAS Mains exam? Extra subjects have to study for IAS exam?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To get into this service, a candidate needs to clear Civil Services examination various stages. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Stages of Civil Services exam:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Interview.

Candidates are free to choose any subject for optional paper from UPSC list of literature and non literature subjects. As per your stream, you can select sociology for mains exam of Civil Services exam.
14th July 2019, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should a Bachelor of Social Work choose for IAS Mains exam? Extra subjects have to study for IAS exam?

If I choose social work in mains paper it will be easier for me
10th November 2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to do bsw course , will it help me for UPSC?
11th June 2021, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a ias.so can I apply bsw in college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?