27th March 2016, 08:34 PM
Riyazuddin Siddique

Which subject to take if we wanted to join in Navy?

Which subject to take if we wanted to join in Navy? Can you please give me the information on the same? What type of course to take to join the Navy? Which would help me to shine more in the navy career? Awaiting for the response soon.

28th March 2016, 07:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to take if we wanted to join in Navy?

To join Indian Navy basically you have to options, one is the entry through NDA and other is through CDS.

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy where as CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and both of these are academies meant for providing education to those who manages to clear their respective entrance examination i.e; NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination respectively.

--> Both these entrance examinations are held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and includes two stages which are known as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in these examination you must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

--> Nationality and Age limit :-

* For NDA, you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* For CDS, you must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years ( for joining Indian Navy i.e; Naval Academy ).

--> Educational qualification :-

* For NDA, you must have completed or pursuing the final year of your higher secondary degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized institute. Equivalent degree holders also eligible.

* For CDS, you must have completed or pursuing the final year of your bachelor degree course with either of Physics or Mathematics or Engineering streams from a recognized university.

--> For both the examinations you must be physically fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details about either of these examinations you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
28th March 2016, 09:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to take if we wanted to join in Navy?

To join Indian Navy, it is necessary to have Mathematics and Physics as main paper in 10+2.

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in month of April and September. You can appear for CDS examination after graduation degree to join Indian Navy also.

For more information about examination, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?