27th September 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

What can I do to join Indian Navy being a candidate having secured 35% in B.Com and having an age of 22 years?

Iam a girl 22 year old , passed. B. Com. with 35% . Iam also a vollyball player. Wanted to join INDIAN NAVY . SO WHAT CAN I DO . Is there any oppertunity for me.

27th September 2011, 03:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to join Indian Navy being a candidate having secured 35% in B.Com and having an age of 22 years?

Hello friend,
Candidates with a bachelors degree in engineering are eligible to join Indian Navy provided they have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the same. Such candidates are recruited in the logistics department of Indian Navy.
Now, Since you have scored only 35% marks,as you have mentioned, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
For more information, refer to the official website of Indian Navy.
27th September 2011, 07:29 PM
saugata2008

Default Re: What can I do to join Indian Navy being a candidate having secured 35% in B.Com and having an age of 22 years?

Eligibility criteria for Naval Academy through CDS exam -

Educational qualification -
Candidate should be a student of B.Sc/BE/B.tech .
Age limit = 19 to 22 years.

Eligibility for NDA exam -
1.12th with PCM
2.Age limit = 16.5 to 19 years.

So I don't think their is any way through which a B.com student can join Indian Navy .
I think I will be a good idea to go for the other UPSC exams like IAS ,IPS etc.Because those requires only graduation .

Thank you
15th January 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am 25years of my age and i am done with MBA how can i join Indian Navy
22nd January 2012, 06:40 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam a girl 22 year old , passed. B. Com. with 35% . Iam also a vollyball player. Wanted to join INDIAN NAVY . SO WHAT CAN I DO . Is there any oppertunity for me.
HI,

After passing the graduation you have to qualify the Combine Defence Services Exam(C.D.S).

The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying C.D.S exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
29th May 2012, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Can join indian navy after complt my B.A. or after U.P.S.C. exam
29th July 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

5th sem mechanical question paper
29th July 2013, 10:30 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

If you have completed B.Com Degree then you are applicable for Indian Navy through CDS exam .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .

Educational Qualification:-

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

Unmarried candidate are applicable for CDS exam.You must have citizenship of India .

You can apply for CDS exam online only by using the website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in

If you want to get more Information then please check the UPSC Official website : http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?