29th April 2012, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose after completion of 10th to become a Pilot?

Which subjects to choose after the completion of 10th to become a Pilot?

27th May 2012, 06:45 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after completion of 10th to become a Pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subjects to choose after the completion of 10th to become a Pilot?
In order to become a Pilot, candidate has to acquire the following three licence:
  • Student’s Pilot Licence [SPL]
  • Private Pilot License [PPL]
  • Commercial Pilot Licence [CPL]
In order to be eligible for the SPL, candidate must have passed the 10th standard along with attaining the age of 16 years. SPLs are issued by 23 flying clubs in India. One has to qualify an objective written examination. The SPL examination is held every month all over India by the flying clubs. Candidate has to score a minimum of 75 marks to pass the SPL exam.

In order to be eligible for the PPL, candidate must have passed the +2 level of exam with Physics and Mathematics. The minimum age to acquire the licence is 18 years and the maximum is 30 years. The stage comprises of 60 hours of flying after rigorous training under the flying instructor. Candidate also have to complete a theory curriculum and clear a written examination conducted by the DGCA. The average duration of the training is two years.

In order to be eligible for the CPL, candidate need to have the experience of 200 hours of solo flying. Along with clearing written examination. The average period of training for commercial pilot is one year.

For detail information refer to the Flying Institutes.
13th April 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after completion of 10th to become a Pilot?

does a person can do this course who is doing diploma in mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?