3rd August 2010, 09:17 PM
meetrahul

Syllabus for various PSUs like BHEL, NTPC, PGCIL and DRDO?

hello sir,
i am pursuing my engg. in electrical and electronics and into my final year.i would like to know about the syllabus for various psu's like bhel, ntpc, pgcil, drdo etc. hope a prompt reply.

25th January 2012, 03:02 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus for various PSUs like BHEL, NTPC, PGCIL and DRDO?

There is not a definite demarkation for the syllabus , if one look them as a whole. So an overall syllabus is developed who is preparing for these organisations.
Syllabus:
Non-Technical
--Aptitude test with verbal, non-verbal, reasoning and logical thinking.
Technical
Networks:
Network graphs: matrices associated with graphs; incidence, fundamental cut set and fundamental circuit matrices. Solution methods: nodal and mesh analysis. Network theorems: superposition, Thevenin and Norton's maximum power transfer, Wye-Delta transformation. Steady state sinusoidal analysis using phasors. Linear constant coefficient differential equations; time domain analysis of simple RLC circuits, Solution of network equations using Laplace transform: frequency domain analysis of RLC circuits. 2-port network parameters: driving point and transfer functions. State equations for networks.
Electronic Devices:
Energy bands in silicon, intrinsic and extrinsic silicon. Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity. Generation and recombination of carriers. p-n junction diode, Zener diode, tunnel diode, BJT, JFET, MOS capacitor, MOSFET, LED, p-I-n and avalanche photo diode, Basics of LASERs. Device technology: integrated circuits fabrication process, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, photolithography, n-tub, p-tub and twin-tub CMOS process.
Analog Circuits:
Small Signal Equivalent circuits of diodes, BJTs, MOSFETs and analog CMOS. Simple diode circuits, clipping, clamping, rectifier. Biasing and bias stability of transistor and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single-and multi-stage, differential and operational, feedback, and power. Frequency response of amplifiers. Simple op-amp circuits. Filters. Sinusoidal oscillators; criterion for oscillation; single-transistor and op-amp configurations. Function generators and wave-shaping circuits, 555 Timers. Power supplies.
Digital circuits:
Boolean algebra, minimization of Boolean functions; logic gates; digital IC families (DTL, TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS). Combinatorial circuits: arithmetic circuits, code converters, multiplexers, decoders, PROMs and PLAs. Sequential circuits: latches and flip-flops, counters and shift-registers. Sample and hold circuits, ADCs, DACs. Semiconductor memories. Microprocessor(8085): architecture, programming, memory and I/O interfacing.
Control Systems:
Basic control system components; block diagrammatic description, reduction of block diagrams. Open loop and closed loop (feedback) systems and stability analysis of these systems. Signal flow graphs and their use in determining transfer functions of systems; transient and steady state analysis of LTI control systems and frequency response. Tools and techniques for LTI control system analysis: root loci, Routh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode and Nyquist plots. Control system compensators: elements of lead and lag compensation, elements of Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) control. State variable representation and solution of state equation of LTI control systems.
Electrical and Electronic Measurements:
Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor; instrument transformers; digital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes; potentiometric recorders; error analysis.
Analog and Digital Electronics:
Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET; amplifiers - biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers - characteristics and applications; simple active filters; VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multi-vibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.
Power Electronics and Drives:
Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs - static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters - fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basis concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.
25th January 2012, 08:36 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Syllabus like Bhel ,Ntpc and others company

Mainly you prepare for the aptitude,reasoning,and general english

3rd June 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

hello...sir.
i want to prepare technical subjects for ntpc exam so pleasw you send me namea of best book for it?

from-neetu
30th July 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i wanna to know about the syllabus of mechanical engg. for p.s.u.
22nd August 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

what is syallbus for civil engineering for central goverment test,ltd companies
30th July 2015, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I wanna to know about the syllabus of IT Assistant Engineering test for PGCIL. Please its urgent.
thanks
30th July 2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Please let me know about the syllabus for Assistant Engineer IT for PGCIl, its urgent.
thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?