20th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

can you tell me that which technology is better either mainframes or Java?

Related Questions:
  1. Coaching institutes in Chennai for Mainframe after MCA? what are it's career opportunities?
  2. How to make a career after M.Tech in industry? Which institute to go for?
  3. How to get a job after passing MCA and Mainframes course? Best placement consultancy which can help me to get a job in IT?
  4. Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance learning good from career point of view? Will I get better placement after completing this course from Distance Learning? Names of institute providing DL in MSc Bioinformatics?
  5. What should I do after B.Tech? Which institution is the best for GATE from placement point of view?
  6. List of companies and institutes offering 6 weeks of industrial training to specialize in my trade?
  7. Which is a best career option for me between Doctor and Aeronautical Engineer in the view of Salary?
  8. M.Ed or Ph.D in Zoology which course is better from teaching point of view?
  9. Which is the best course from career point of view after passing 12th commerce?
  10. Which is better from career point of view, B.E, MS, M.Tech or MBA?
  11. Is LPU a good institute to study MBA Marketing from placement point of view?
  12. Can I change my college after 1st year through Anna University
  13. Which course is better in between Information Technology and Computer Science Engineering from job and salary point of view? -- [New]
  14. Which college is best in India to study Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Safety Management course from placement point of view?
  15. Training from reputed company for 2nd year Computer Science Engineering Student? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Is M.Tech through KSOU approved by AICTE?
  17. How can I join B.A after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  18. BE in Mechanical is sufficient to do M.Tech or MBA?
28th January 2011, 12:33 AM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

Java definitely ...just for example while median salary for java professionals is $84210 that for mainframe professionals is $69340.. also java bobs are much more in demand,and so are java professionals
... i'll say go for java, java is much more advanced also.
regards
diego
28th January 2011, 02:20 AM
akki89

Default Re: Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

I would first like to make you clear that Mainframes and JAVA are two
different things and comparing both will be technically speaking absurd.
As far as technology is concerned , i want to tell you that Mainframes is the
term used generally used for very powerful computers used by large organizations
for critical applications, for eg : bulk data processing such as census, industry and consumer statistics, enterprise resource planning,etc.

When you talk about JAVA, its a programming language used to design various
programs and applets which are very helpful in the corporate sector to make work
easier. JAVA is a coding platform and if you have a strong command over the
language you can get jobs in the software giants companies easily.
So as far as career and placement is concerned JAVA is the wild card for you.

Also i would like to add here a point that we are currently in a time where technology
is moving forward very rapidly. So every technology which has been developed
has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Thank You.
28th January 2011, 11:35 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend;

warm Greeting for the day;

According to me Mainframe is the better option for the Better placement because there are very few who done this Mainframe course Most of the people didn't aware of this course but this course has a great demand in IT sector.

thanks
2nd March 2011, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

miainframe is the best. Because there is a very less compition in mainframe as compared to java.
8th March 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

hi i have read ur post....
its nice and i have already joined in big MNC and i got mainframes as domain is it good?
9th March 2011, 12:05 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

Quote:
Mainframes are basically used in computers for large Organizations Like Industries , Enterprise Resource Planning etc

Whereas Java is a Programming Language used to Design Various Programs which are Helpful in the MNC sectors or IT sectors.

Java basically builds a Program which specifically do a Task with help of Users.

*End*
9th March 2011, 12:24 AM
kanikabansal22aug

Thumbs up Re: Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

Hello

Mainframe computer, large and powerful data processing systems but JAVA is a programming language.Both have their equal importance.

But now a days,JAVA is in high demand because now is the time to develop incredible softwares through programming and since JAVA is highly user friendly,portable,easy to understand,based on Object Oriented Programming etc,that is why now it is highly preferable and maximum used programming language.

All the very best.
9th March 2011, 06:21 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Both JAVA and Mainframe are important in the field of computer. First I like to tell you some thing about both of them.
1. JAVA.

JAVA is a programming language used to design various programing and applets which are very helpful in the corporate sector to make work easier. JAVA is a coding platform language.

There is a large demand of JAVA trained people in the market.

Mainframe.

Mainframe is used by large organizations for critical applications in the powerful computers for eg : bulk data processing such as census, industry and consumer statistics, enterprise resource planning etc.

I think JAVA is better for easy placement.

bye bye.............................
9th March 2011, 08:24 AM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Hi

Dont compare apple with orange both are different fruits.each fruit has its importance. java is where you apply knowledge for programming skills. mainframes are powerful systems. if you are good enough in logical thinking to write programs then go for java otherwise choose mainframes.

I would first like to make you clear that Mainframes and JAVA are two
different things and comparing both will be technically speaking absurd.
As far as technology is concerned , i want to tell you that Mainframes is the
term used generally used for very powerful computers used by large organizations
for critical applications, for eg : bulk data processing such as census, industry and consumer statistics, enterprise resource planning,etc.

programs and applets which are very helpful in the corporate sector to make work

Also i would like to add here a point that we are currently in a time where technology
is moving forward very rapidly. So every technology which has been developed
has its own advantages and disadvantages.
9th March 2011, 02:35 PM
agarwalnikita

I think java is better option for good job opportunities.

All the java based mobile softwares, applets and even web designing requires good java skills.

You can easily do a course in java and advanced java from various institutes.

As compare to mainframes there are more placements for java professional.
9th March 2011, 02:57 PM
asishkumar

Smile Re: Which technology is better between Mainframes and Java from career and placement point of view?

Quote:
No doubt JAVA is better platform.
Because most of the IT sector campanies are doing pojects in this platform as it is more userfriendly than other languages.
My uncle is also doing projects in this platform and getting 7 lakhs per month in US.
So it's better to do java.
20th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

OK! there are more opportunities in java than in mainframes, but i would like to know, in which field there is more job satisfaction and salary?
19th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Mainframes is the best platform than java bcz there is no updation in mainframes but in java we should update every time you should keep on learning for that.
3rd July 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

will the mainframe exist after 10 years
3rd July 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

14th July 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Mainframes is here to stay.It is something going on since 1960's n wl continue to rock...Dont worry v r campus grads who have just joined their jobs n v got MAINFRAMES..huhahahah
15th July 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

is mainframe only have scope in MNC??????
20th July 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Both are Good,if u have Knowledge u can ROCK in any Language..
thnx..chaitu
29th July 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello Guys, this is kartheek selected for Mahindra Satyam. I am having two options
1. Mainframes
2. Java
Please suggest me best option.
11th August 2011, 12:42 AM
Ditoo

Speaking in simple language....

For Mainframe :- one year hard work to learn.....and then enjoy it.
Less development project since mainly focuses on banking and production industries.
Less competition in getting jobs but less number of job opportunities.
more onsite opportunities

For Java:- keep update yourself to be in market.
many development projects.
huge no. of jobs with more competition.
less onsite opportunities

Finally...there will always be future of both the technologies but it's all depend upon where your development is....
29th August 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I shivanand please suggest me i have completed my mca in the year 2010 Passout currently working in BPO sector, now i'm planning to do Mainframe course will it be helpfull for me in getting the Placement immediatly.
30th August 2011, 01:28 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Java and mainframe are two differnt fields in computer.So there is no comparison between both of them.If you have interest in mainframe then its a very good step for you.Mainframe is a type of computer which store bulk data.Its use in industries to store bulk of data.
And the other one is java.Java is a programming language.Its a very good language in now a days.So if you choose java for your future preference then its a very good step from you.There is so much requirment for a java programmer.You can be a good software engineer by the help of java language.

Its depend on you and your interest.

All the best
5th September 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

which one is better java or mainframe for career growth?
6th September 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

what will be my career(more in terms of salary) after doing mba marketing with two year job experience in a IT firm with my b.tech?
10th September 2011, 07:04 PM
manoj rajpurohit

My dear friend.............

these two fields mainframe and the java are different type of fields. this is only depends on your interest.

java is most important language in this world now a days, java is a simple language, it i very portable language, because it generate the byte code that is fully platform independent.

you can run the byte code on the other operating system.

so you choose the java language, there are a big scope in this field.
26th September 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

HI This is Kishore
I am working in MNC level-5 with mainframe computers
i request you people to clarify my quaries
1.WHAT IS THE FUTURE FOR MAINFRAMES AFTER 8 TO 10 YEARS
2.I HAVE A USA PLAN AFTER 2 YEARS HOW MAINFRAME WILL BE HELP FULL TO ME TO GET JOB IN USA WITH H1-B VISA.
NEED YOUR PRECIOUS SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RG
KISHORE
30th November 2011, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Hi....i am a BE graduate passed out in 2010.....now i have a oppurtunity to go for mainframes.....but my question is that could i be able to make a good future with mainframes.....?.....Please help me out.........
30th November 2011, 02:02 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
Hi....i am a BE graduate passed out in 2010.....now i have a oppurtunity to go for mainframes.....but my question is that could i be able to make a good future with mainframes.....?.....Please help me out.........
HI friend,
Sure you will have a good future after opting for mainframes. If you are placed in somewhere like IBM after mainframes you need have to look back again
5th December 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

I did MCA in 2009.still fresher.now i m planning to do mainframe course.how i can get job in this field.i have two yrs gap,how i can get rid of this situation..please suggests me...
26th January 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

hello friends...
i am prince working in mainframe on production support domain in tcs having experience of 1 month... actually i hv lots of confusion about my work... is PRODUCTUON SUPPORT good for my carreer and i will b where after having one yr or 2yr working experience in same...

please tell me..
31st March 2012, 10:27 PM
jobsee

8th April 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

how can i switch from java to mainframe,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have 1 year exp in java n done training in mainframe when i have started my career
8th April 2012, 04:40 PM
hgoel6600

both tech are very popular and widely used and mainframe is the best bcoz after completing fiv year at mainframe the minimum salary offer by bank of america is 25 lakh per annum
27th April 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

hi friends iam completed my btech from ECE background.will i servive in the IT industry by choosing java as my platform being an ECE student.
Give me your suggestion which one is better option and easy to survive by keeping view of my branch.
29th April 2012, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

this is vicky, im currently working in an company as mainframe developer with one year experience. is that possible to get mnc company with one year experience in mainframe?
12th May 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

is java and mainframes relate to each other in any sector? please i want to know is there any connection between java and mainframes?
27th May 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

hi i am fresher..2012 passed out.n my branch is EEE.i know java 25% n nothing on mainframes..can u tell me which is d bettr option to join?java or else mainframes?
22nd July 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Am B.Tech 2011 passout with 70 % am not yet placed any where. I wanted to move on to Mainframe will i have good opportunities after i get completed with my training..?
Please reply as early as possible..
27th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

can any one help me ?
i was complete b.tech (etc)

nd now i m thinking to do software course '''..

so which course i will do
4th August 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

hi m so confuse to chose my career for java N mainframes...
i hv very less percentage in 10th n 12th bellow to 60%
but i hv 69% in b-tech...
so any 1 plz tell me quickly which technology is suitable for me ...????
4th September 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

hey,

To get an entry in IT " 60%" is like a Gatepass so if you dont have this Gatepass you wont be allowed in
but there's way to break in and you can do that only with help of mainframe

DONT THINK TWICE .. go for mainframe
12th October 2012, 03:16 PM
kanchana.vm

hi sir i completed MCA.. but now get much confusion about my career.... so now which course valued for my job?
19th December 2012, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Hi, Using java in mainframe is good???
10th March 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

hiee...I am placed in wipro.....i have choosen the stream as mainframe technologies.... So, please let me know the scope of this stream. Was it a wise decision to choose this stream at the present time,2013???? Should I switch to another stream??
11th March 2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Now a days we are not getting mainframes job can any body tell me in which company mainframe requirement is going on?
21st April 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

if i m already placed in tcs in mainframe department....how is it??
need a reply urgently!!
21st April 2013, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

if i m already placed in tcs in the mainframe department how is it??how is its future??should i change into some other department??plz lend me ur advice....
plz reply urgently!!
waitin....
23rd April 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

f i m already placed in tcs in the mainframe department how is it??how is its future??should i change into some other department??plz lend me ur advice....
plz reply urgently!!
waitin....

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/technology-better-between-mainframes-java-career-placement-point-view-75356.html#ixzz2RE5pc0Jr
10th August 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

i am eee back ground student.... so this mainframe course is useful for me...... please sugest
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?