29th July 2012, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope in Navy for me if my height is 5'3?

My height is 5'3.have any scope in navy...please tell me the complete details

2nd February 2013, 07:26 PM
saivineel.t
Member+

Default Re: Is there any scope in Navy for me if my height is 5'3?

Yes you can apply for navy as the minimum criteria for eligibility is 157 cm as your height is 161.54 cm after converting to cm by your given data.
Here is the complete information about eligibility for navy......

Eligibility for Indian Navy -
The Indian navy force is a powerful and incredible weapon of India. Every year many professionals go for the recruitment conducted by Indian navy and it is organized two times in a year. Indian navy provides bright and great platform for young Indians as compare to any other post or profession. The future is secure and happy in Indian navy. Different courses are offered by Indian navy as per the candidates profile and eligibility in the field of executive, education and technical department. Being in Indian army is a respectable post in all over the world. Candidates are selected through written test and later on personal interview are conducted by Staff selection Board (SSC). Male and female candidates both are eligible with equality and there is no special relaxation for the position of women.

Age criteria – for qualified the Indian examination, applicants must meet with age criteria as defined by Indian navy. Applicants should have minimum age 19 ½ and maximum age 25 year, this age limit is same for woman candidates.

Educational qualification – For fulfilling the requirements of Indian army candidates must completed the following qualification-
1. BE/B Tech (Computer Science/Computer Engg/IT)
2. BSc (IT)
3. M Tech (Computer Science)
4. MSc (Computer)
5. BCA/MCA
Note* – Applicants appearing with above given qualification must have their degree from reputed or recognized institute.

Physical measurement - Applicants need to be fit in all respect of physically and candidates should be physically strong and fit with running and exercise and must not be colour/night blind.

Other Standard Requirements are-
1. Height and Weight. Minimum height for male -157 cm with correlated weight.
2. Eye Sight. 6/60, 6/60
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?