30th August 2017, 01:22 AM
vishnucoumar

Tips to improve skills for getting a job in a reputed software company?

I'm studying engineering third year. My ambition is to get placed in a reputed software company in what way I have to prepare myself in place of skills and knowledge? Can you please suggest me some good tips which will help me to get prepared well? Thanks!

31st August 2017, 02:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to improve skills for getting a job in a reputed software company?

Tips to for getting job in Software Companies:

In order to get job in Software companies, you must have the following mentioned skills.

>> Language Skills (Oral and Written)

>> Communication Skills

>> Programming Language Skills

Companies generally demand candidates to have all the above mentioned skills in order to give job in their companies. You must have secured minimum 60% marks throughout the academics. You must have good knowledge over programming languages like C, C++, Oracle, Java, .NET, Linux, PHP, DBMS and Data Structures..etc.,

Make sure you are good at Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability will be test during Aptitude Test. So make sure you are well prepared with all the rounds so that you can pass one by one in order to get selected finally.
31st August 2017, 05:00 PM
sanju0770

Default Re: Tips to improve skills for getting a job in a reputed software company?

Hello friend,

First of all let me tell you few common criteria which are taken care off by the company while choosing the candidates and while considering them before giving jobs -

1. First of all you must have at least 60% marks in all your class 10th, Class 12th, and in Degree exam. Please note that this can be higher also in some companies.

2. You must have excellent communication skills.

3. You must have good technical knowledge of the subject.

4. Prior experience in the field would be an added advantage.

5. The place from where you have completed your internship also matters a lot as they are going to ask you questions related to your internship.

6. Work well with some basics of engineering as well.

7. Prepare and read your resume well.

Hope it will help
1st September 2017, 12:07 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Before improving your skills, you must know in which sector you wish to go.

There are many fields in IT company like Web Development, Software Development, Software Testing and much more.

If you interested in Web Development, then PHP, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS are the necessary languages for this.

While for software development, you must be aware of C, C++, Java.

If you lack any of these languages, then you must do course of such language from a reputed institute.

This will enhance your skills and can lead your career to greater heights.
1st September 2017, 02:23 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To become a software engineer you need score good score in your academics. The minimum percentage asked by the most reputed companies is 65%.

You need to learn different language and should have have a good command on the courses like C++, Java, JavaScript, HTML, .Net and etc courses.
You need to be good at aptitude and reasoning.
You need to have good communication skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?