4th October 2011, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare myself for being placed in good companies? How to improve skills for this purpose? Which book should I opt for Aptitude?

i am persuing my btech in computer science.i have secured 71.6% till 6th sem and i want to get placed in god company like google,tcs,accenture,etc.so tell me the best suitable way to prepare for this like how to improve my confidence level,skills,which book i opt for the aptitute test..
thank you.

5th October 2011, 07:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare myself for being placed in good companies? How to improve skills for this purpose? Which book should I opt for Aptitude?

To get placed in good companies, one should start preparing for Verbal ability and quantitative ability right from the beginning. Many aptitude books are available in the market for this. RS Agarwal is one of them. General knowledge will come from good reading habits. Many coaching classes also prepare one for aptitude tests. Most of the reputed companies rely on aptitude tests.
6th October 2011, 08:57 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare myself for being placed in good companies? How to improve skills for this purpose? Which book should I opt for Aptitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am persuing my btech in computer science.i have secured 71.6% till 6th sem and i want to get placed in god company like google,tcs,accenture,etc.so tell me the best suitable way to prepare for this like how to improve my confidence level,skills,which book i opt for the aptitute test..
thank you.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR CAMPUS PLACEMENTS

First of all congrats of maintaining 70% above in your UG degree.. just keep it going... As you know the campus placements will start for you by the end of 7th semester and now is the right time for you to start the preparation...

-> Companies coming in for campus placement will look into 3 important skills from a student which as follows...

-> Aptitude Skills.

-> Technical Skills.

-> Communication Skills.

-> To prepare for aptitude the best thing to do is to know the pattern of each company which you are going to attend, for eg. say TCS is going to come in to your college for campus placement then you must be ready for the aptitude round by knowing the particular pattern followed by TCS..

-> Each and every company coming for campus placement follows a particular pattern for the aptitude test...

-> All you have to do is to know the pattern of the aptitude test which you can find by referring the previous year papers of the particular company which you can very well find in our forum.... just take some time and do it with patience you find the previous year papers which you can refer and find the pattern...

-> R.S.Agarwal is one of the best book for preparing for aptitude test during campus placement, which is more than enough for overall aptitude preparation...

-> Just spend some 15 to 30 minutes daily starting from now to prepare for the aptitude test and for sure you will clear the round...

-> As you know most of the companies coming for campus placements have 3 important rounds for selection which as follows....

-> Aptitude Test.

-> Technical Interview.

-> HR Interview.

-> To prepare for Technical interview all you have to do is revise all the core subjects concepts which you studied from 2nd year.. like Operating systems, Data structures, Database etc...

-> If you have studied your subjects by understanding the concepts then for sure you can clear the technical interview very easily...

-> As you are a CSE student there might be questions to write small programs too so be ready for it too.....

-> The final HR round will be very easy if you are good in your communication skills... all you have to keep in mind is to be Confident and positive through out the round then you are done.....

-> To prepare for Aptitude test online CLICK HERE!!!

-> I have attached some of the files which might help you for your campus preparation in this post for your reference.. just check it out...

-> For any more queries feel free to leave a post in our forum...
Attached Files
File Type: zip GEN. APP.zip(397.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: zip Technical Interview model questions.zip(783.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 168 views)
6th October 2011, 10:00 PM
sidbond

Default Re: How to prepare myself for being placed in good companies? How to improve skills for this purpose? Which book should I opt for Aptitude?

The above post might not be as helpful for getting placed in a software company as it is in general.
So to get a good recruitment,
The basic criteria for a software engineer should be -

a will to learn new technology,
familiarity with new advances in the industry
knowledge of the current industry standards.
knowledge of more languages and techniques than just taught in the college.
Clear approach, can be innovative at handling events.

These properties will be judged during your interview, and you should take care to brush up the same.

Best of luck.
6th October 2011, 10:52 PM
Priyanka Chiraniya

AS you are getting the information regarding the skills from above post.So I would like to tell you about the patterns followed by TCS im last year recruitment.TCS is following a set of quetions of 70 types.I am attaching some file.Hope it will be usefull for you.oppps i was trying to upload it,but because of some net connection i could not.you can also get it from www.freshersworld.com site.

Best wishes.
6th October 2011, 11:11 PM
janakibtechit

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare myself for being placed in good companies? How to improve skills for this purpose? Which book should I opt for Aptitude?

Most of the company company recruitment process consist following sections

1.Aptitude- R.S.Agarwal(Basics)
apps including puzzles also for puzzles to refer Shakuntala devi puzzle books.
2.Reasoning- R.S.Agarwal(verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning)
3.GD (practising mark GD many times and to know the current trends to read news papers dialy)
4.Technical HR or General HR (or) combine both
(use simple english and crisp answers do not take more time to answer the questions and do not have the tends . In technical to know the basics about your areas for eg you are in computer student to know the basics about C,C++,JAVA,NETWORKS,DATASTRUCTURE,OPERATING SYSTEM,DATA BASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)

In HR your RESUME paly important role please mentined details in your resume should be true.

preparew well your placements
ALL THE BEST GUYS
7th October 2011, 01:07 AM
nema shivam

I think that there may several of to increase our self confidence level but i want to say that be stronger to be yourself ,be confident to be yourself and try do the best of the best.Always be cool and to do every thing that is given to you.Try all the possible limits to do it.And the most important thing is that TRUST YOUR SELF WHEN YOU DOING THE THINGS.Listen you teachers very carefully,read newspapaers watch the interviews of great personalities and try to conclude it your level.
and always be cool....SHIVAM NEMA
7th October 2011, 01:46 AM
karthikrondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thank you.
1) keep ur aggregate above 68%

Every company rectruits through:

2) written test-

Prepare from R S Agarwal and some websites like www.indiabix.com..look for previous papers and weightage..

3)G.D (If)-

U just need to have simple english...be breif and conscie and clear with ur points. Better look at some topics in internet and think what u can say about that !

4)technical round-

Before u go to any campus placements brush up ur basics. Stick to ur answer..say it confidently..whether its wrong or right ! Know ur resume well !

5)H R round-

interviewr may asks u some simple personal questions..u may answer easily but...he can judge u with those anwers u gave! he mainly looks ur CONFIENCE..can u play as a TEAM or not...can u take DECISIONS quickly or not ! think before what u gonna answer !! it reflects !

U dnt knw waht happens...he may ask u personal questions in a technical round or may be technical questions in a H R round !

all the best dude...keep going !
30th April 2012, 05:58 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

aptitude books are available in the market for this. RS Agarwal is one of them. General knowledge will come from good reading habits. Many coaching classes also prepare one for aptitude tests. Most of the reputed companies rely on aptitude tests.be breif and conscie and clear with ur points. Better look at some topics in internet and think what u can say about that !technical round-Before u go to any campus placements brush up ur basics.
30th April 2012, 11:17 PM
nadankanan

To prepare for aptitude the best thing to do is to know the pattern of each company which you are going to attend, for eg. say TCS is going to come in to your college for campus placement then you must be ready for the aptitude round by knowing the particular pattern followed by TCS. every company coming for campus placement follows a particular pattern for the aptitude test... All you have to do is to know the pattern of the aptitude test which you can find by referring the previous year papers of the particular company which you can very well find in our forum.... just take some time and do it with patience you find the previous year papers which you can refer and find the pattern
25th August 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir, infosys is coming to our college for placements. Pls send me last 10years placement papers of infosys. My mail id is
[email protected] . Pls help me . Thanks in advance .
15th June 2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir, tcs is coming to our college for placements. Pls send me last 10years placement papers of tcs. My mail id is
[email protected] . Pls help me . Thanks in advance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?