7th September 2012, 04:06 PM
ahushan

Tips to prepare for GATE Exam in Engineering Sciences?

can anyone give me the best tip for gate exam for me to prepare engineering siences

7th September 2012, 10:30 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Tips to prepare for GATE Exam in Engineering Sciences?

dear,

tips to prepare for GATE exam:

--buy or get a previous years solve papers of GATE

--refer to syllabus and analyze no. of questions asked in each subject

-- make priority to subject based on marks preference

--allocate realistic time to each subject

--once finishing unit go to gate question papers and try to solve it

--keep last 15 days for practice and revision

--avoid tension

--pray god

good luck
28th December 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

where can i get XE SOLUTIONS,PLZ MAIL ME AT [email protected]
31st May 2013, 10:15 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Tips for GAE Preparation :~

• GATE Exam is not looking for any syllabus completion from the candidate. A good understanding of the basic concepts and their application is required. By understanding, it is implied that candidate is not supposed to just be able to mug up & explain but rather this exam needs candidate to have a feel/common sense.

• As a thumb rule, while solving any GATE problem, if the solution takes more than 8 steps, you must re-look at the approach. (Generally GATE problems are not so lengthy).

• While solving the problem, students must haver balance between speed & accuracy.

• Preparation time for GATE is subjective and depends on so many factors such as individual's aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level etc. Typically, a rigorous preparation of 4-6 months is considered good enough for getting into IICs or IITs.

• Keep a check on your performance. It is compulsory to directly jump upon the previous GATE question on the topic you just finished. You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.

• Any problem can be tackled in number of ways. So being innovative and intuitive also helps to reach the correct option quickly.

• In the last days of preparation, if you have any doubts about any topic / formula, you can have a look on those sections. Always remember, more doubts leads to kore concept building.

• Leave all the books few days before the exam. Have some good time and relax.

>> All the best !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?