26th December 2010, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

Tricks to solved GATE questions? How to prepare for GATE exam?

Please tell me the tricks to solve and How to prepare for Gate Exam.......

Please reply

thanks

17th March 2011, 06:25 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Tricks to solved GATE questions? How to prepare for GATE exam?

GATE is an exam that tests you on your fundamentals of your core subjects and even Maths.If you know the basic part of the subjects then you can face the exam easily.But to score well you need lot of practice along with hard work.

Try to go through as many of standard books possible so that the subject get's easy for you.As the subject gets easy then you can definitely score well since the questions are generally derivations of the fundamentals.You can even follow Guide books of G.K Publications which may provide you with shortcut tricks.

Note down the basic concepts and the important points you feel which will be helpful to refer in the last moment.Solve problems as maximum as possible which will definitely help in finding out shortcuts.Even try to solve previous year or model question papers in the stipulated time of the GATE examination which may help you in your preparation.
17th March 2011, 06:38 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Tricks to solved GATE questions? How to prepare for GATE exam?

Dear friend first you complete your syllabus and then you should try.............

if you can't do after this then you take Study-material from MADE -EASY delhi

this is a very big institute in india and this gives very short tricks for solved the questions............

you take also For GATE G.K publications.......

this book is also helpful for you.............

then you can solve more and more question...........
17th March 2011, 08:28 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
the gate exam generally tests the basic understanding of the students in the subject,
there are not many questions from the application part but you can find many questions from the very basic funda of the concept,
so you have to keep your basics really strong for the gate exam,
also practice as many questions as possible as practice makes man perfect,
and keep in mind that prepare from the standard text books for the subject and not from some guide which does not give clear idea of the basics of the subject.
also take some kind of coaching which will really help you to improve your knowledge and write as many model exams as possible because this will increase your exam efficiency
17th March 2011, 11:33 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiii Friend,

GATE Exam details: -

1. Technical = 80 Marks [Questions asked related to your branch / stream]

2. Non-Technical = 20 Marks [Questions asked from Current Affairs]

Tricks to solved GATE questions are as follows: -

1. Prepare according to the GATE exam syllabus.

2. Practice more & more questions.

3. Work Hard

4. Arrange study material related to your stream from market or any coaching institute.

5. Give more time to your studies.

6. Concentrate on your studies.

7. Purchase current affairs book from market.

etc.

All the Best
17th March 2011, 12:29 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: Tricks to solved GATE questions? How to prepare for GATE exam?

Hello friend,

you need lot of practice practice practice along with hard work.

FOLOW these steps:

1.Go through standard books
2.Follow Guide books of G.K Publications which may provide you with shortcut tricks.
3.Note down the basic concepts and the important points you feel which will be helpful to refer in the last moment
4.solve previous year or model question papers

good luck
20th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

hyy..i hav just appeared in 5th sem exam and i want to prepare for gate exam..my concepts are nill..plz help me..and tell me how i will prepare for it..
19th June 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

hi.... First u will improve ur confident level.... And then u take some many senior s advice .main thikg ur hard work all the best
21st August 2011, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

What type of books we have to preffer for GATE exams?
24th April 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

hey.... i am in 2nd year student of civil branch. i am very confuse for gate exam and ies exam both. i want priparetion both exam but i am not understand which book is good for me.
18th June 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

hi...I have just appeared in 5th sem ece. can u guide me for gate exam???
19th June 2012, 08:12 PM
padhakudkt

I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personnel opinion :
Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper. Click here for expert tips to prepare notes for GATE.
While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions "What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement
Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve ……
Exam Crazy.com can help you when you test your self for GATE and its free.
Click here to learn effective way to use examcrazy.com test series.
Do remember that GATE is completely objective question based test. Most of time solving objective questions is tricky. Learn tips to solve GATE objective questions from GATE Tutor.
In case of doubts ask some expert or use forums to discuss questions as provided by examcrazy.com or ask me at [email protected]
Don’t worry if your percentage in university exams is low as GATE admissions do not consider them. Just maintain minimum percentage required by many colleges including IIT’s. Look at GATE Cutoff and eligibility section to know eligibility and cut off of various colleges.
Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
Normally coaching GATE is not required but if you are not able to concentrate much then this is a good option.
2nd July 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

hello, i am completed my 2nd year exam ,now i am thinking of gate exam ,which classes are good for gate in mumbai?it is right time to think of gate exam or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?