17th July 2017, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Which type of post a B.Tech in Computer Science can get in Air Force? What should I do for it?

Hello sir, My name is Vishal and I am pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science. After completion of it want to join Air Force. Please tell me which post I can get? What should I do for it?

18th July 2017, 07:09 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which type of post a B.Tech in Computer Science can get in Air Force? What should I do for it?

Yes, you can join in Air Force in technical department.

The eligibility required to join in Air Force is the candidate should clear graduation course in any stream with 60% from any recognized university.
The age limit should be more than 23 years.

After completing your graduation course you need to attend the entrance exam conducted by the Indian Air Force. There are few entrance exam for getting job in Air Force like SSC, CDS, AFCAT, AIRMEN and UES.

For more details about eligibility, application forms, exam dates and etc you need visit the official website: www.iaf.nic.in
18th July 2017, 10:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which type of post a B.Tech in Computer Science can get in Air Force? What should I do for it?

If you wish to join Air Force, then you can apply for CDS and AFCAT exam in the final year of your graduation.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services which is conducted by UPSC every year.

While AFCAT is conducted by Air Force itself for recruitment to Indian Air Force.

You can apply for both the exams in the final year of your graduation.

AFCAT contains mainly three branches i.e. Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty branch.

While CDS contains IMA & OTA Academy, Navy Academy, and Air Force Academy.
19th July 2017, 09:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for AFCAT and CDS examination conducted for recruitment of candidates in Air Force and defence services respectively.

Candidates passed Bachelor degree in Technology are eligible to appear in AFCAT for recruitment as ground duty as well as for flying branch.

After qualifying in CDS you will be eligible for recruitment as an Officer. The age limit is 19-23 years.

Both the examination is conducted twice in a year. Candidates have to qualify in written as well as in SSB for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?