14th June 2018, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for joining NDA (2) exam for class 10th student?

I will be in class 10th next year i.e. in 2019 and my age will be 16 and 1/2 so then can I apply for NDA (2) exam? I am asking these question because in internet the age limit of NDA (2) exam 2019 is showing that is should be between 1st July 2001 to 2nd July to 2004.

15th June 2018, 09:18 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for joining NDA (2) exam for class 10th student?

The age limit for joining NDA (2) exam for class 10th student

=> The age range for NDA 2 2019 is from 2nd Jan 2001 to 2nd Jan 2004.

=> As per my knowledge, the actual date of birth mentioned in your 10th certificate will be taken as final.

=> I think you are eligible to appear in NDA 2 examination.

IMPORTANT DATES

=> Date of notification: First week of June 2019

=> Last date of from submission: First week of July 2019

=> Date of exam: Second week of Sep 2019
15th June 2018, 10:14 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the age limit for joining NDA (2) exam for class 10th student?

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same a candidate has to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year generally in months of April and September.

* As far as you are concerned about the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in NDA II 2019 entrance examination then it is as mentioned below :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years by the 1st July 2020 i.e; you should be born between that is should be 2st January 2001 to 1nd January to 2004.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are also eligible. Further, for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force through NDA, you need to have studies Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

iv) You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a Class 10th student next year you cannot apply for NDA II 2019 entrance examination on the basis of educational requirement for the same examination.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2018, 11:41 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

NDA (2) Examination Eligibility:

>> Candidates should complete class 10+2 examination with PCM and should should obtain minimum 50% marks in aggregate.

>> The maximum age limit of the candidate is to lie not before 2nd January, 2000 and not after than 1st July, 2003.

>> Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA (2) examination.

>> Candidates should be citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan.

Click here to see the official notification regarding NDA(2) examination 2018
15th June 2018, 11:52 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This examination is conducted twice every year. The minimum academic qualification required for NDA course is that senior secondary board examination from a recognized board.

The age criteria for NDA examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years. You must do 12th from a recognized board to become eligible for NDA examination. As per criteria, unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for exam.
15th June 2018, 12:50 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and this exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year. NDA has three wings: Indian Navy, Indian Army and Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board.

Candidate age must be 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Candidate must be an Indian.

Yes, You can apply NDA after 12th with PCM from a recognized board.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 01:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you will be not eligible to appear in NDA examination while pursuing in 10th std.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can only apply while pursuing in 12th std.

The examination is conducted in two stages and necessary to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 01:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria for National Defence Academy exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years for candidates of all category. There is no upper age relaxation for candidate of any category.

You must know that minimum academic qualification required for NDA exam is 12th passed or appearing. 10th passed candidates can not apply for NDA examination. Your age must be within age limit after passing 12th to apply for NDA exam.

Specific age will be mentioned in advertisement of NDA exam.
15th June 2018, 02:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for National Defence Academy examination after passing tenth board examination. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA examination is senior secondary board examination passed that is 12th.

The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You can calculate your age after passing 12th or when you appear for exam as per advertisement of NDA exam. If you want to join Navy or Air Force then you must select PCM subjects in 12th.
15th June 2018, 02:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for National Defence Academy examination:

*Academic qualification: Minimum of 12th from a recognized board. You can not apply for NDA exam after 10th.

*Minimum age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

*Unmarried male candidates can only apply for exam.

You should first meet minimum academic qualification to apply for exam.
15th June 2018, 05:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Examination conducting authority is Union Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts examination twice every year.

Minimum academic qualification is 12th from a recognized board. 10th passed candidates can not apply for the exam.

The age limit for candidates of different category is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
15th June 2018, 05:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Class 10th pursuing students are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible.

So, you have to wait to appear in examination but can start preparation for the examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 05:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for National Defence Academy entrance exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You need to wait for notification of NDA to be released for actual slot of age limit eligible for NDA exam.

Apart from age limit, you need to have minimum academic qualification to become eligible for NDA examination which is 12th. You should first complete 12th to become eligible for NDA examination.
15th June 2018, 05:56 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination:-

Education Eligibility:-
12th pass from any recognised University in any stream.

For Army Wing Candidate from any stream can apply.

For Naval and Airforce Wing - candidate of any stream can apply.

Only unmarried candidate are allowed.
15th June 2018, 07:05 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

As far as you are concerned about the age limit for a Class 10th passed candidate for appearing in NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination then I would like to let you know that a Class 10th passed candidate is not eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination as the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a regular higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Also, the age limit for appearing in NDA II 2019 examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years by the 1st July to 2020.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 07:10 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The age limit for National Defence Academy entrance exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA exam is higher secondary board passed.

You must do 12th after tenth to become eligible for NDA exam conducted by UPSC for selection into Defence.
15th June 2018, 09:05 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be in class 10th next year i.e. in 2019 and my age will be 16 and 1/2 so then can I apply for NDA (2) exam? I am asking these question because in internet the age limit of NDA (2) exam 2019 is showing that is should be between 1st July 2001 to 2nd July to 2004.
Since you will be in 10th next year, so you will not be able to appear for NDA Exam. Because only 12th passed candidates or appearing can apply for NDA exam. First you pass your 11th standard, then apply for NDA Exam.
17th June 2018, 03:02 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can apply for the NDA-2 exam, as your date of birth lies between the given date of 1st july 2001 to 2nd july 2004. It means any person who has born in between 1st july 2001 to 2nd July 2004 is eligible to apply for the NDA-2 Exam.

Your age will be 16 and half years at the time of application, means your date of birth will be lieing somewhere between 1st july 2001 and 2nd july 2004. So you will be eligible to apply for the NDA-2 exam when it's notifocation comes in 2019.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?