7th July 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

I am doing my class 12th with PCM. My DOB is 19 Apr 1993. Can i appear for NDA exam ? Please guide me whether I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

11th August 2011, 05:33 PM
ssuthar40

Default Re: Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

yes you are eligible
19th August 2011, 05:45 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

Hello friend ...

Ya of you are eligible to apply for the NDA entrance exam as your age is 18 years. Below I have provided the eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance exam you can go through that.

Eligibility for NDA

NDA is the entrance exam for the admission in the India's NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY.
The NDA exan is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. One you clear all the exams in the NDA then you get a job under the government of India. After a training of one year after selection you get the permanent job.

The eligibility for the NDA exam is that one should have passed the 10+2 board exam from a recognized board , it is for the Army wing only.
But for the Air Force and the Navy you have to pass the 10+2 board exam from the recognized board and should have maths and physics as the compulsory subjects in the 10+2 board exam.

The age criteria is from 16.5 years to 21 years for the general category students.
Also there is upper age relaxation for the OBC of 3 years and for the SC/St there is 5 years of age relaxation on the upper age limit.

Even I have attached the detailed info about the NDA exam you can have a look at it.And for other details you can visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this would have cleared your doubts.

Best of luck for your future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA details.pdf(119.0 KB, 76 views)
27th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

what is the agelimit applyingnda
16th September 2011, 12:23 AM
saugata2008

Age criteria for NDA exam is = 16.5 to 19 years .
You have mentioned that your age is 18 years ,now you have to check that if till the date of next NDA exam you are 18+ then you are eligible but if it cross 19 years then you are not .
The next NDA exam date = April/2012 (date has not decleared yet)

Thank you
22nd October 2011, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

the 19 year should not compleate till the date of the exam or what please clear my dout
19th November 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is .12.08.93 do i satisfy for NDA
19th November 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

is set marks compulsary for entrance of NDA
25th November 2011, 11:16 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course,,...
Friend.....
You are totally eligible for the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC] examination, Through this NDA[NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY] examination ,one can apply in all the combatant branches of the Indian army...

You are eligible for all the branches of Indian army,i.e. NAVAL FORCE WING, AIR FORCE WING & MILITARY BRANCH ....

The minimum educational qualification needed for this examination is a 12th degree from a recognized board.
for apply in naval & air force wing, you must have physics & maths in 12TH with at least 60%.

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,
So, you totally satisfy the age limit criteria for this exam..

also you must have INDIAN nationality with marital status unmarried.

EXAM PATTERN-

THANK YOU!!!
~GAMBLE~
26th November 2011, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

Hi, sir can you tell me the engg exams through which i can be in NIT?
3rd January 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pass 12TH class and my age 15/02/1993.can i join NDA
10th January 2012, 09:27 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for NDA(National Defence Academy) exam if you are 18 years old. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC(Union public service commission).

With NDA exam you can apply for:

* Army
* Navy
* Air force

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should have age limit within 16.5 to 19 years
* Candidates should complete 12th from a recognized institute
* Candidates should study maths,chemistry and physics at 12th.
* Candidates should get 55% at 12th.
* Unmarried male candidates can only appear the exam.
* Candidates should be physically fit.

Procedure:

1. Written Exam
2. Interview

Best wishes
21st January 2012, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

my D.O.B is 06/12/1993. can i give the NDA entrence. and give the specific link to fillup the form thank u.
21st January 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am 18 years old birthdate 28-10-1993.....i want to apply for nda 2012 but there is no option for 1993 in application form...what to do??
17th March 2012, 07:56 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, you can apply for NDA at an age og 18 years as it requires a minimum of 16.5 years and a maximum of 19 years to apply for it.

The eligibility criteria for NDA is :

1. Nationality : You must be a citizen of India.

2. Gender : You must be a male candidate.

3. Martial Status : You must be an unmarried candidate.

4. Age criteria : Your age should satisfy the age criteria i.e. 16.5 years to 19 years.

5. Educational Qualification : You must have qualified the 12th class examination or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University.

For more details, visit http://www.nda.nic.in
1st May 2012, 05:08 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY[NDA]

Yeah!!!,
Ofcourse friend, you can apply for the NDA exam.

You want to serve the nation , which is really appreciable,..Through this NDA examination, one can join the any branch of the Indian army, i.e in NAVAL ,
AIR FORCE
& MILITARY BRANCH.

This examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC], twice in a year.
The educational requirement for this examination is a 12th degree from the recognized board.
For apply in NAVAL & AIR FORCE , you must have Physics & Maths in 12th with atleast 60% in 12th [aggregate].

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.
Remark that, there is not any kind of age limit relaxation is applicable for the SC\ST or any other reserved category

Exam pattern-

Physical requirements-

You must have Indian nationality.

You must have Marital status unmarried.

For more-
http://www.nda.nic.in/

Thank you!!
~gamble~
1st May 2012, 08:48 PM
bablubeniwal7

yes,
You are eligible for nda exam at the age of 18.
Because minimum age for nda exam is 16.5 and maximum age is 19 years.
For more informatiohttp://nda.nic.inn,
1st May 2012, 09:39 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

If you are 18 years old then you are eligible to apply for NDA.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice evry year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Central/State Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental physique.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2012, 01:45 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible for NDA exam.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

AGE CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM:

1.Age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

2.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

3.Only unmarried male candidates are applicable.

4.12th standard is the required qualification for this exam.

For more information visit www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK....
7th May 2012, 04:14 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my class 12th with PCM. My DOB is 19 Apr 1993. Can i appear for NDA exam ? Please guide me whether I satisfy the age limit for NDA?
hello dear,
yes of course you can join the nda because age limit fo to join nda is:-
Age Limit: Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
you have age of 18 years , so you can join the nda.
thanks.
7th May 2012, 04:25 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

Quote:
hello dear,
according to your date of birth you are seems to be of 18th years old.
so you are eligible to take t6he nda exams, this year.
Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National

Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). A candidate must be an unmarried male. The course of training is for three years

a) Nationality :

A candidate must either be :

i) a citizen of India, or
ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
iii) a subject of Nepal, or
iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

thanks
13th May 2012, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
sir please help me. I wand to join NDA. sir please help me> how to join NDA?
Iam 18 year old. (28/12/1993)
sir please help sir.
+918089819613
13th May 2012, 04:33 PM
Bhargav.student

Yeah You can Apply for NDA . !!

Age Limit for NDA :
The candidates should be Unmarried Male between 16.5 and 19 years of age are eligible to apply for NDA .
After the entrance exam if you get selected , then you will be called for interview and physical and medical test where they will check the weight and height requirements and also health condition .
2nd October 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

My birthday is 14/11/1994. Can i appear next nda exam?
15th December 2012, 12:04 AM
imcoolabhishek2012

Hi dear,

Ya of you are eligible to apply for the NDA entrance exam as your age is 18 years. Below I have provided the eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance exam you can go through that.

Eligibility for NDA

NDA is the entrance exam for the admission in the India's NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY.
The NDA exan is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. One you clear all the exams in the NDA then you get a job under the government of India. After a training of one year after selection you get the permanent job.

The eligibility for the NDA exam is that one should have passed the 10+2 board exam from a recognized board , it is for the Army wing only.
But for the Air Force and the Navy you have to pass the 10+2 board exam from the recognized board and should have maths and physics as the compulsory subjects in the 10+2 board exam.

The age criteria is from 16.5 years to 21 years for the general category students.
Also there is upper age relaxation for the OBC of 3 years and for the SC/St there is 5 years of age relaxation on the upper age limit.

Even I have attached the detailed info about the NDA exam you can have a look at it.And for other details you can visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this would have cleared your doubts.

Best of luck for your future.
Thanks
15th December 2012, 09:22 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can i appear for NDA exam if I am 18 years old? Do I satisfy the age limit for NDA?

Quote:

Eligibility For NDA

National Defense Academy (NDA) Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC for recruitment to the following wings :-

>> Army Wing
>> Navy Wing
>> Air Force Wing

A candidate is eligible to appear for the NDA only if :-

>> The candidate is within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

>> Candidate must either be appearing for 12th boards or must have already cleared 12th boards..

>> Candidate must also satisfy the physical requirements for clearing the Medical Examinations..

You need to clear the following rounds in order to get recruited :-

>> Written Exam
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination

I have attached some of the previous year question papers along with the physical requirements..

Go through them and I hope you find them helpful..

For more details you can also visit Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc NDA Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 57 views)
15th December 2012, 09:32 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for NDA exam.

A candidate who has 18years old is eligible for NDA exam, this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state or central board.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

The candidate should be physically fit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

The age limits are 16.5years to 19 years.

Selection process:-

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test

Physical standards:-

Syllabus:-

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luck
15th December 2012, 10:02 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Quote:

hi friend,

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy

1. Candidate must have completed their 12th science with atleast 60% from recognise board.
  2. Only Unmarried Male can Apply for NDA.
  3. Age should be Between 16.5 to 19 years.
  4. Citizen of India.

Exam Pattern:

all the best..............
15th December 2012, 10:29 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Quote:

hi friend,
  1. Candidate must have completed their 12th science with atleast 60% from recognise board.
  2. Only Unmarried Male can Apply for NDA.
  3. Age should be Between 16.5 to 19 years.
  4. Citizen of India.

Exam Pattern:

Physical Requirement:

all the best.......
12th February 2013, 03:07 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

The acronym for NDA is National Defence Academy.

Yes definitely, you are eligible for NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year for the following wings:-

* Indian Army.

* Indian Navy.

* Indian Air Force.

The eligibility criteria required for NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th or final year students of class 12th from any recognised board.

* 12th with PCM for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force; and Commerce for Indian Army.

* Age limit- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Sex- Male.

* Marital status- Unmarried.

* Nationality- Indian.

* Physical eligibility-

NDA exam pattern:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

12th February 2013, 09:11 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Eligibility for NDA exam
1. Candidate must have passed your 12th from any recognized board
2. Age should in between 16 1/2 years to 19 years
3. No age relaxation is provided in any case.
4. Only Unmarried Male candidates allowed.

A candidate must be either:
1. A citizen of India, or
2. A subject of Nepal, or
3. A subject of Bhutan, or
4. A Tibetan refuge

Syllabus :
1. Physics
2. Chemistry
3. Mathematics

Selection process :
Written exam
general knowledge
physical test

There are 3 course in NDA
1. Naval training team
2. Air force training team
3. Army training team

all the best...........
30th April 2013, 03:38 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The NDA Exam is one of the two UPSC Exams conducted twice every year for the selection of candidates in the different wings of Indian Defense :

1) Indian Army

2) Indian Navy

3) Indian Air Force

The NDA Exam is conducted twice as NDA-I & NDA-II respectively in the months of April 2013 and August 2013.

The NDA April 2013 has already been conducted so now we have to check that whether you are eligible for the August 2013 Exam or not.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for NDA Exam are :

* You must have passed 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

* Your age should lie in between 16.5-19 years.

* You must be a male candidate and also unmarried.

* Girls cannot sit for the NDA Exam.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

Also , your date of birth is 19 April , 1993 which means right now your age is over 20 years which easily makes you ineligible for the NDA Exam.

So , if you are really interested in joining Indian Defense , then it will be better for you to go for the Combined Defense Services Exam which too is conducted twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

But keep in mind that the minimum educational qualification required to appear for the CDS Exam is Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

4th May 2013, 12:27 PM
banacareer

hi,

This is the minimum age .Please calculate accordigly.
AGE LIMIT FOR NDA Exam: 16 ½ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.

After 12th you can apply for NDA exam.
4th May 2013, 04:59 PM
banacareer

hi,

yes you can appear for the NDA exam the age required for the NDA is 16 1/2 to 19. So you are eligible for NDA exam this year.
5th May 2013, 01:08 AM
vkghanghas

for NDA at an age og 18 years as it requires a minimum of 16.5 years and a maximum of 19 years to apply for it.
5th May 2013, 11:17 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Eligibilty to appear in the NDA exams is:

Educational Qualifications:
Army Wing-12th Pass in any stream
Navy & Airforce Wing- 12th Pass with Subject Physics and Maths as subjects.

AGE-
Minimum age 16.5 years
Maximum age- 19 years

For the next NDA exams Candidates born between 2nd July 1995 to 1st January 1998 can apply

Only Unmarried Male candidates can apply

Next NDA exams will be held on 11th August 2013
Notification has already been released
1st June 2013, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

sir my age is 25th april 1995 then why it is not accepting..........plzzzz help me out
5th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to give the exam as you satisfy the age limit stated by UPSC. So dont worry about that.

NDA Exam Details:-

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year. If you get selected then you will have to stay in the National Defense Academy and undergo training for three years. On completing three years in the academy you will be awarded with a B.A./B.Sc degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You should be a citizen of India.
  • Only unmarried male candidates of India can give this exam. This exam is not for girls unfortunately.
  • To join the Army wing you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized school or institution.
  • To join the Naval wing or Air Force wing you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent with physics and mathematics from a recognized school or institution.
  • The minimum age limit for giving this exam is 16.5 years. The upper age limit is 19 years.

Exam Pattern:-

The written exam comprises of two papers. For each paper 2.5 hours have been allotted. The total marks allotted for the exam is 900. Mainly objective questions will come. Paper can be answered in either Hindi or English.

While the first paper is Mathematics and second paper is General Ability Test. For the section General Ability Test you will get questions from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography and Current Event.

The interview session will be conducted by the SSB. For those who have chosen Air Force as one of their choices they needs to further go through another test called Pilot Aptitude Test.

Exam Pattern At A Glance:-

Hope this helps :-> :->
23rd July 2013, 12:34 AM
whiteblossom

NDA exam is the entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

Age limit for this exam is :

lower age limit :16 1/2 years
upper age limit :19 years

So , since you are 18 years of age ,you satisfy the age limit criteria .
But another criteria to appear for NDA exam is that the candidate should be unmarried male .
As you have'nt mentioned your sex and marital status , I can't assure you whether you are eligible for NDA exam or not .
23rd December 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

dear sir my age is 20 year. i can join nda ?
23rd December 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

my age is 20 year , i can join nda acadmy?
11th May 2014, 01:53 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for NDA Exam as you have already completed 20 year of age.

In order to be eligible for NDA Exam, one should possess an age between 16.5 years to 19 years.

No relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of any category.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year this exam is being conducted 2 times in a year to recruit the candidates into following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

As you have completed your 12th class in PCM, you are eligible to apply for any of the wing out of the above mentioned.

You did not mention whether you are pursuing Graduation or not.

You can also make entry into defence services soon after the completion of your Graduation.

For that you should crack CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam). Better you can apply for this Exam.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?