10th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit of lectureship? I am 47 years old

I am 47 years old.I am M.com.Med.can i got a job in univercity or any organsation

23rd August 2015, 07:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit of lectureship? I am 47 years old

First thing which I would make you clear that there is no provision of upper age limit for becoming a lecturer so you are eligible lectureship at an age of 47 years. But for becoming an lecturer you need to clear NET.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is held by CBSE for the appointment of lectures in different universities approved by Union Grant Commission ( UGC ).

NET examinations are held twice every year once in the month of June and once in the month of December.

For appearing in the NET examination, you need to have a Master's degree in any of the discipline of your liking with at least 55% aggregate in the same from a recognized university. There is no age limit for appearing the same examination.

For more information regarding the same examination you can log on the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
24th August 2015, 08:32 PM
Career advisor

Default Re: What is the age limit of lectureship? I am 47 years old

Yes,you can get a job in any university,college etc.
For getting job for the post of Lecturer,you have to crack NET/SET.
NET(National Eligibility Test)
SET(State Eligibility Test)
It is conducted by the UPSC twice in year.
*Eligibility: Post graduation in any discipline with atleast 55% marks.
Age limit: For the post of Lecturership,there is no age limitation,however minimum age should be 18 years.
For more information,you may visit:
www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?