2nd October 2012, 11:36 PM
sijeees

Can I attend civil service exam after passing PG(General) candidate category

Sir,
I m a PH(general) candidate and my DOB is 20.05.1973. Can i attend 2013 civil service exam?

3rd October 2012, 08:13 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend civil service exam after passing PG(General) candidate category

Candidates with post graduation degree can certainly appear for the Civil Service Examination by the Union Public Service Commission. This is not going to be a issue. However the problem in your case is the age. You were born in 1973 which means you will be 40 years old next year.

Unfortunately you have crossed the age limit by a decade for the General candidate to appear for the Civil Service Examination. The maximum age to appear for the exam is 30 years for general candidate. On the other hand you are 40 years old. Therefore to put it simply, you can not appear for the Civil Service Examination.

I would recommend that you consider some other options. Since you have completed post graduation, a very viable option is college lecturer

You can become lecturer in government college by appearing for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission. Good this about NET is that there is no age requirement for Lectureship.

NET exam is conducted twice a year. The next exam would take place in December. I think it would not be possible for you to prepare for this exam. However you should start preparing for the June 2013 exams.

Eligibility

1. Master degree in any stream from a reputed college.

2. Minimum of 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. There is five percent relaxation in for SC/ST candidates.

4. Your subject for NET exam would be the same in which you completed post graduation.

5. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

6. The age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

7. Age limit for SC/ST is 33 years for JRF.

8. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

9. There is no restriction of number of attempts.
3rd October 2012, 08:28 AM
sudha001

Thumbs up Re: Can I attend civil service exam after passing PG(General) candidate category

Hello Friend,

Sorry to inform you ,but you are not eligible for upcoming UPSC exam ,as you have crossed the age limit.

For your quires here is the list of eligibility for you :

Age Limits

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, in the year of examination.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the following cases:

Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: up to a maximum of five years.

Other Backward Classes: up to a maximum of three years.

State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989): upto a maximum of five years.
Defence Services personnel : upto a maximum of five years

But there are other exam that you can go for like in teaching field , or you can do MBA course and in built your career in business sector .

Hope this will helps you ...

All The Best ....
3rd October 2012, 09:02 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend civil service exam after passing PG(General) candidate category

Yes, you can attend Civil Service Exam as you have already completed Graduation Degree and now pursing Post Graduation.

Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of IAS/IPS/IFS/IES/IRS etc. officer under Central Govt. various Administrative Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National. He should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. He should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test also called as Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I m a visually challenged person (PHGeneral)and my DOB is 20.05.1973. Can I write the 2013 civil service exam?
3rd October 2012, 09:50 AM
violent viper

Dear aspirant,,

as your birth year is 1973,you do not satisfy the age limit criteria for civil services...

so sorry ,You are not eligible to attend the civil service exam
Attached Files
File Type: docx CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS.docx(14.1 KB, 72 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?