18th November 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

What is B.Tech lateral entry and what is its eligibility? How can I get admission?

What is B.Tech lateral entry and what is the eligibility. I have a diploma in electronics and telecom so tell me that how can I do B. Tech?

18th November 2015, 07:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is B.Tech lateral entry and what is its eligibility? How can I get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is B.Tech lateral entry and what is the eligibility. I have a diploma in electronics and telecom so tell me that how can I do B. Tech?
You have completed diploma in Electronics and Telecom so you are eligible to do B.Tech course but you should qualify in lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
18th November 2015, 08:57 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is B.Tech lateral entry and what is its eligibility? How can I get admission?

The admission to Bachelor of technology in any discipline is through the Lateral Entry Entrance test conducted by the different state technical universities. LEET is the entrance exam for diploma holders to get admission in second year of bachelor of technology.

Minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required to be eligible for the LEET exam. The forms are generally out in month of May and examination is held in the month of June.

Depending upon your rank, you will be able to get admission in desired discipline.
18th November 2015, 11:11 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

You have completed Diploma In Electronics & Telecom.So , You can apply for Lateral Entry Admission into 2nd year in B.E.

Eligibility
- One must have passed Diploma In Engineering with atleast 45% from recognized university.
- One must have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by university.

Application Procedure
- Visit the official website of university
- Register online
- Deposit the payment online through Debit-Card/Credit-Card/Net-Banking.
- Submit the application

Admission Process
- Fill the form online
- Give preference of institites
- Lock the choice
- During online counselling , you will get admission on the basis of your preference & your merit score.
- If you want to get admission to alloted college , then you can deposit the fees to insitute & confirm your admission.

Exam Pattern
- Total Questions : 100
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Questions will be asked from related branch of engineering.
18th November 2015, 11:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Admission in the B.Tech courses in the 2nd year directly is considered as the lateral entry.

To get the admission in the course the candidates have to appear in the LEET. LEET stands for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the diploma from a recognised university.

Yes, you are eligible to purse the B.tech course after the diploma in the electronics and telecom.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?