20th January 2018, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic eligibility criteria and scope of Astrophysicists in India?

I'm studying in 12th now and I'll be writing my public exam in March 2018. Which coarse I need to join to become an Astrophysicists and what are the minimum eligibility that I need to fulfill?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a Physicist/Astrophysicist? I have done graduation with 48%
  2. Procedure to study astrophysics after class 12th?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D abroad?
  4. Details about Bachelor of Paramedical Technology course held from Community Medicine? Eligibility criteria, fees and scope of this course in India?
  5. Eligibility criteria for Masters in food and nutrition? Scope and colleges offering the same?
  6. Can I do MDS in abroad after completing BDS in India? Minimum eligibility criteria required to apply?
  7. Can I do company secretary exam after scoring 59% in 12th
  8. Can I get admission in DU for B.Com Hons?
  9. Scope of BDS abroad? Eligibility criteria for MDS outside India? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I do M.Sc in Physics after M.Tech in ECE?
  11. Scope in the Astrophysics course? Best colleges offering the course? Fee structure and the eligibility criteria?
  12. Eligibility criteria to do Master's in Travel Management from IGNOU? Fee structure and scope of this course in India?
  13. Am I eligible to get job in Infosys with 59.8% in 10th, 54% in 12th and 67% in BCA?
  14. Scope of PhD in Clinical Research? Colleges, eligibility and placement?
  15. Eligibility criteria and scope of studying M.A.(History) course?
  16. Am I eligible to join BTC having completed B.Tech?
  17. Can I apply for GPSC exams after completion of B.E.?
  18. What will be the scope for girls in Civil Engineering in India? Which kind of Companies offer Job Opportunities for Civil Engineers? What will be the basic salary for Freshers in this field? Carer scope for this course in Abroad?
22nd January 2018, 01:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the basic eligibility criteria and scope of Astrophysicists in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying in 12th now and I'll be writing my public exam in March 2018. Which coarse I need to join to become an Astrophysicists and what are the minimum eligibility that I need to fulfill?
To join the course in Astrophysics you should have studied Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects in 12th level of study. You can go for Under Graduate course followed by Master degree course in the field of Astrophysics.

Institutes in India offering courses in Astrophysics are:

Andhra University
Aligarh Muslim University
Birla Institute of Technology
JNTU College of Engineering
Osmania University
The Indira Gandhi National Open University
Madurai Kamraj University
Tezpur University
Indian Institute of Science
Harish Chandra Research Institute
Mahatma Gandhi University
Bangalore University etc

After completion of the course in Astrophysics numerous career opportunities are available in our country as well as in abroad. They can engage mostly as Research Scientists. ISRO and DRDO are the firms recruiting experts in the field of Astrophysics.
22nd January 2018, 11:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic eligibility criteria and scope of Astrophysicists in India?

You must be 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your primary subjects to be eligible for Astrophysics course.

One of the best institute to pursue this course is Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (IIA) Bangalore.

To get admission into this institute, you will have to qualify IIAST entrance exam that is conducted by that institute itself.

Astrophysics has a good scope in India. Graduates of this course get jobs in prestigious institutes/colleges/research centres of India like:
  • Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
  • Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
  • Space Science Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram
  • Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
  • Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
  • National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (Pune)
  • Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
  • Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?