23rd June 2013, 04:28 PM
Aniket ravi mahajan

What course can I do for IIT after diploma?

After Diploma which course do for iit...please tell me the details for the ame

21st July 2014, 09:50 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What course can I do for IIT after diploma?

First of all, you are eligible to seek admission but do not expect lateral entry scheme in IIT. For eligibility, diploma engineers with minimum 60per cent marls in all semesters are eligible to write IITJEE and AIEEE. In IITs, NIT's, BIT, there is no provision for lateral entry in second year. You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?