19th March 2014, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Direct admission in IIT is possible after Diploma?

Sir,im doing diploma course in civil engineering (final year).can I get iit directly after diploma or do I have to sit for any exam if so than please tell me sir

5th April 2014, 09:54 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct admission in IIT is possible after Diploma?

I am extremely sorry to state that direct admission in the IITs is not possible after the completion of your diploma course in the field of engineering. You cannot get admission in the IITs on the basis of Lateral Entry Scheme since there is no such provision in the IITs. You have to sit for the All-India Level Entrance exam like the other engineering aspirants and have to qualify in it with a good rank to get admission in the IITs.
5th April 2014, 10:09 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct admission in IIT is possible after Diploma?

I am extremely sorry to state that direct admission in the IITs is not possible after the completion of your diploma course in the field of engineering. You cannot get admission in the IITs on the basis of Lateral Entry Scheme since there is no such provision in the IITs. You have to sit for the All-India Level Entrance exam like the other engineering aspirants and have to qualify in it with a good rank to get admission in the IITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?