18th July 2012, 12:25 AM
palashit

What courses can I do after completing B.Tech? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year

I am a student of B.tech,4th year.which courses i can do after completing this course?

18th July 2012, 07:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What courses can I do after completing B.Tech? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year

Well you didn't mention the branch of Engineering you are studying. For example

Civil

Mechanical

ECE

Chemical

It is very difficult for me to give you any advice without having such a basic information. However I will still try my best to answer your question. There are few options in front of you after completing B.Tech.

The first option is very obvious, go for the M.Tech course. The post graduate course in Engineering is 2 years long. It improves your chances of getting good job. If you are not interested in looking for job after B.Tech, then I would say that M.Tech is perhaps the best option for you.

For M.Tech course you will have to appear in the GATE exam. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted for candidates who want admission in the post graduate courses in Engineering.

Your performance in GATE would not only decide on which college you may get admission but in case you decide against further studies and look for jobs the same GATE score would be very handy. Many Public Sector Undertakings and private companies give huge preference to the GATE score. In case of PSU, they even exempt the candidate from appearing in the entrance exam and call him/her up for direct interview.

The second choice in front of you is MBA. If you are more interested in management then you can take MBA course after completing B.Tech. There are several entrance exams for admission in MBA institute, this include MAT and CAT exam.

CAT

CAT is short for Common Admission Test which is for admission in Masters in Business Administration college. The CAT score is accepted by some top colleges in India including the IIMs. The basic requirement to appear in CAT exam is that you should have secure at least 50 percent marks in the graduation course. The reserve categories like SC/ST etc candidates get 5 percent relaxation.

Those who fail to make it through CAT need not to be disappointed because MAT is another very widely accepted entrance exam in India for admission in MBA. There is no requirement to appear in MAT exam. Once you have passed the Management Aptitude Test you can get admission in colleges that accept MAT score.

The third option for you is short term course in the field you have completed the B.Tech course. By going after a short term course, you improve your chances of getting a job and at a same time hold advantage over other candidates who may not have completed any such course.

For example if you have completed ECE and now want job in IT sector. It would help if you take up a short term course software course like

J2EE

Java

Oracle

.Net

C++

If you have completed Civil Engineering then these short term courses would be beneficial for you:

Certificate Course in Building Design

Auto Cad Course

Certificate Course in Construction Supervisor
18th July 2012, 10:37 AM
Ketankul.2010

Default Re: What courses can I do after completing B.Tech? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashit View Post
I am a student of B.tech,4th year.which courses i can do after completing this course?
Now a days there is no value to single B.Tech degree.you have to look for Mba or M.Tech course.if you want short term course then you can do cisco's CCNA course.
18th July 2012, 11:33 AM
JustShashank

Lightbulb Re: What courses can I do after completing B.Tech? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashit View Post

There are many choices which you can select from,but those depend upon your area of interest.

=>You could give GATE exam and go for M.Tech. in top universities like IITs and NITs.

=>Another choice could be to apply for PSUs through GATE score.

=>You can also give GRE and TOEFL and go abroad for MS.

=>You can give CAT exam and go for MBA in top indian universities.

=>And,you can also give GMAT and TOEFL and go for MBA abroad.

Thank you!!!!!;-)
18th July 2012, 01:15 PM
samatha89
Member+

->ONE THE JOB CONSIST SOFTWARE.
->another choice is the communication side i.e. eletronics side and networking(power plants).
->OVM group is the best training institute..

Delhi is an economic, industrial hub with the highest rate of employment in India. It has Government Jobs, Ministry Jobs, FRO Jobs, Embassy Jobs, Horticulture Jobs, Research Jobs, Delhi School Jobs, etc.

or

B.tech ECE jobs opportunity:
B.tech ECE students do the study in related to the subjects like electronics, software, hardware, networking, robotics, electrical boards etc....

ECE students get the jobs in the both fields governments and the privates companies .

In the privates fields you can get the jobs in the software companies which branches in the delhi:

TCS
Wipro
Infosys
IBM
HCL
HP
Mahindra co.
oracle
Google
Yahoo
Satyam co.
Infotech
Accenure etc...

so you can apply these private software companies for the job posts through the entrance exam held by the own companies and interview to check the aptiude and confidence of the students.

Government jobs fields like:

Civil services like IAS, IPS, IEs etc so you can apply these job posts through the entrance exam held by the UPSC.
Defense services like Indian army, indian navy, airforce etc through the entrance exam of the CDS conducted by the UPSC.
BAnk jobs like Po, clerk , Technical job posts through the entrance exam held by the IBPS.
RAilways jobs through the RRB exam.
BHEL, NTPC, ONGC, Power grid through the GATE entrance exam.
BSNl job posts through the JTO exam... etc.....

so you can apply for the followings jobs posts through the entrance exam held by the own government departments...
18th July 2012, 05:30 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi..!!

--> After B.tech you can do good job also in any company.but if you are interested in further studies then its also good.

--> For further studies you can do M.tech as well as MBA.

-->If you want to do M.tech then you have to give the entrance test GATE.

-->If you want to do MBA then you have to give the entrance test CAT.

-->To go to abroad you have to give the entrance tests like GRE and GMAT.

-->but if you want to do job then your communication skills,your technical knowledge,your aptitude should also be strong.

-->if you want to do m.tech then you can do in any stream of your interest like CSE,ECE,EE etc.

all the best...go ahead!!
25th February 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

i am 4th year b.tech marine student. can i do j2ee short term course ?? is it valuable for me? pls tell me??
9th June 2013, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

i completed my b'tech then what i do mba or m'tech which is more inportant
9th June 2013, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

What courses can I do after completing B.Tech? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year my branch is ece
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?