9th October 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

What courses should I do after passing 12th to become a civil engineer

what courses should i do after 12th to become a civil engeneer?

13th December 2012, 02:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What courses should I do after passing 12th to become a civil engineer

After 12th, you need to pursue B.Tech/B.E program in Civil Engineering, to become a civil engineer. Pass in 12th is the qualification required. HSC course must be completed with PCM as subjects. Also you need to qualify entrance exams like AIEEE and IIT JAM. State level entrance exams are also considered.
15th December 2012, 07:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What courses should I do after passing 12th to become a civil engineer

To become Civil Engineer, you will have to apply for the B.Tech in Civil Engineering. This course can be taken only by the candidates who have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

Commerce and arts stream students are not eligible for Engineering course. For admission in B.Tech you will have to appear for entrance exam. Some of the popular entrance exams are:

AIEEE

UPSEE

IIT-JEE

BITSAT

Two out of mentioned exams IIT-JEE and AIEEE would be scrapped from next year and ISEET, a new entrance exam will take over. The ministry of human resources and development is trying to replace all engineering entrance exams in the country with ISEET.

Some states have already shown interest to accept ISEET and drop their own entrance exam. Here is the criteria to appear for ISEET entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should complete 12th with PCM subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

If you meet the criteria then feel free to apply for the ISEET entrance exam. After which you will be able to get admission in college for Civil Engineering by appearing for the counselling.
25th April 2013, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hellow i am parag i am not good in physics so please tell me what branch of engineerig is best for me apart from chemical engineering?
21st May 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Do you have to pass with 40% all the subject that are needed for civil engineer
2nd September 2013, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

how much money want, to become a civil engeneer ???
24th February 2014, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

How I have to become civil engineer after 12th exactly I am not getting it.
8th May 2014, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

hi my brother completed 12th with commmerce he want become a civil engineer what is the process?
23rd April 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I am Abhijith. Now Im in 12th std with computerScience.my exam was over.im waiting for my result.i want to become a civil engineer. what can i do ? after 12 what i select for this ?
4th June 2015, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do civil engineering from biology ? (physics,chemistry,biology)? Is it possible ?
29th January 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

My mind is not working. What will be the best way for me after passing 12th class a a pcm student
31st May 2017, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i have 58% in hsc 12th board exam. I want to do civil engineering.what courses should i join to become civil engineer ?
25th May 2020, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I take in 11th class for civil engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?