14th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th for being an IAS officer?

for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS officer after passing 12th Arts?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer after passing 12th arts
  3. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  4. Whether I am not eligible to become an IAS Officer being a Commerce student?
  5. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  6. How to make my career to become an IAS officer? I have completed 12th with 88%
  7. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?
  8. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  9. Can I become an IAS Officer having BA background? What are the suitable subjects in BA to become IAS Officer? -- [New]
  10. How to become a IAS officer? How should I proceed further after passing 12th to become an IAS officer?
  11. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  12. What should I do after 12th to become an IAS officer?
  13. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  14. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th with 74%
  15. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th in commerce field in Mumbai
  16. How can I become an IAS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I become an IAS Officer after completing 12th standard? Study in NDA through IAS exam?
  18. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
18th August 2011, 08:11 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What to do after 12th for being an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s
Deciding at this age is always good for your goal. Making goals is easy but achieving goal is tougher so you have to concentrate more on how to achieve that goal.

I'll tell you the path for how to reach your goal. But sincerely making it happen in reality is your work.

After completing 12th there is no need to select a particular branch in order to be eligible for the IAS entrance examination.

The candidates from all the streams are eligible to appear in the civil service examination(Official Name of IAS entrance exam).
that means for example
the candidate who completed B.Tech degree are eligible to appear
and also in the same way
the candidate who completed MBBS are also eligible

and also remaining like economics, Arts what not everything all are eligible to appear in civil service examination with just a Degree certificate in their hand and also after getting the minimum age criteria of 21 years .

this is the simple age criteria required for civil service examination in order to become IAS officer.

but it is not required to sit for preparation from today only . you have to keep in mind that you are going to attempt Civil services examination after your graduation keeping this in mind every work have to be done towards that node.

Did you get my point for example if you are above to do give bribe for some work you have to think about that .. being a future IAS officer Am I doing correct to my country.

regarding lokpal bill : if your friends say all this is trash by anna hazare you have to condemn those sentences and give counselling regarding the issue and make them inspired about Anna Hazare . because its your responsibility as a IAS officer to support good and oppose bad. you have to practice that thing in every work in your day to day activities

not only these practicals, you have to make articles about India you have to do research on many topics in history,Geography and also in Current affairs without forgetting tech news.

In this way you have to become a IAS officer finally

all the best for everything

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd August 2011, 10:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after 12th for being an IAS officer?

Quote:
dear friend,

After 12 th standard you are not eligible for IAS exam.IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
6th November 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

How can I become IAS after 12th board exam?
20th November 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in upsc examafter 12
20th November 2011, 10:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to become an IAS officer , then you have to first complete the graduation in any trade ..

After completion of graduation course you can apply for IAS exam..
You can also apply for IAS exam during the final year of graduation.

So, after 12th , go for graduation in any trade..

All the best..
20th November 2011, 10:50 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
There is lot of Importance of 'Civil Services',since Long British Period, at that time the exam was known as ICS (Indian Civil Services).IAS was known as 'Collector', & Recognised as Steel frame of British Empire.Even today its craze has not lose, its potential.
IAS, Plays a key role in 'Policy Making & Civil Administration'.That's why its craze gaining popularity day-to-day.

*Commencement of Civil services exam.:
To select top class officers as IAS,IPS,IFS & other alloyed services UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts exam at All India Level.
七SAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test): Manually conducts in the month of May, CSAT-2012: May 20, 2012.
刀ains: Commences in the month of october; Mains-2012: October 5, 2012.
儿nterview: After qualifying Mains.

*Eligibility Criteria-
七andidate should be Graduate in any stream, or equivalent, from affiliated institute./Final year applicants are also eligible to appear in the exam.
乙ge limit: For General category-21-30 yr. As on 1st july of exam year.
4 Attempts are valid.
了or OBC category: 21-32 yr. 7 Attempts are valid.
了or SC/ST category: 21-34 yr. No boundation of Age limit upto 34 yrs.

*Have a look at Exam Pattern: Civil services exam conducted in three phases-
七SAT: Its the Prelims or Screening test of Civil services exam known as Civil Services Aptitude Test.Generally, questions of Mental Aptitude, Latest Economic Policies, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General English, Basic Mathematics, Burning Issues, Government Policies etc. Are asked frequently. It's common exam for all aspirants.
刀ains: Exam is of Essay/Subjective type.Candidates have to appear in Nine papers.Here is the pattern-
>Any one Indian language, from 8th section of Indian Constitution.- 300 marks.
>General English- 300 marks.
>Essay Writing- 200 marks.
>General Studies- 600 marks.
>Optional Subject-1200 marks.
儿nterview: 'Merit-List' will be prepared on summation of Mains & Interview occupied marks.
Since, you have qualified High school exam, so prepare from now onwards with the begining of 1st year of Bachelor degree, It will be much beneficial for your Success in Civil Services Exam.
For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
Ok, best of luck.
27th November 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello! I want to become an IAS officer but I do not know about ias and also do not what should I do after 12th.
So I request you please! help me for IAS and give me more knowldage about IAS .
28th November 2011, 12:03 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,
If you want to become I.A.S officer you have to Pass the graduation.

I.A.S exam is conducted buy U.P.S.C once in a year.
It is a national level exam.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-
-Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks with any stream from recognized university
-age limit
For open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 year
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year
-Must be citizen of India.

good luck!
25th December 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am in class 12(maths) and after 12 which bechelor degree is suitable for become an IAS officer?
6th March 2012, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

afer b.tech ias officier is possible and how many time after btech
25th May 2012, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

1 im doing final year of my degree (bcom), am i eligible for ias exam.
2 can u explain about ias in depth, please.
3 for fee payment , updates, exam dates , preparation, whom i should approach?
4 please send to [email protected].
thank you.
15th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

From the very first day,i became familiar with the word "career",the word "IAS" revolves in my mind but dont know how i just got lost somewhere in the way.Currently i m doing teacher training course(DIET) but my heart still beates for becoming IAS,please please help me and tell me the way how could i fulfill my dream?
15th May 2013, 01:12 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being 12th standard candidate your not eligible for IAS Examination .

::: Reason ::::

Your Not satisfy the Educational Qualification . IAS Examination having separate Eligibility Criteria, you have to satisfy the eligibility Criteria than Only your eligible for IAS Examination .

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service . This exam is one of the Indian Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission . This Examination is Held every once in a year .

To appear in this Examination you have to satisfy the eligibility Criteria,

::: Educational Qualification :::

-Aspirant must be complete the graduation with any stream from a recognized university.
-Final year Aspirant are also eligible for the exam.
-No such percentage criteria is required for Examination .
-Any Specialization canddiate may eligible to apply for this Examination .
-Even Master degree canddiate can also apply for this Examination .

::: Age limit :::

Aspirant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
The upper age relaxation will applicable for 5years sc/st candidates and OBC for 3 years

Nationality :- Aspirant should be a citizen of India.

Number Attempts :- General candidates for 4 times /obc candidates for 7 times / No Limit for sc/st candidates .

Physical Standards :- The Aspirant should be physically as well as medically fit for the Examination .

So, Please Complete your graduation course then Only your eligible to appear in IAS Examination .
15th May 2013, 11:29 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

First of all, you complete your graduation after passing 12th to be an IAS officer.

IAS examination is a civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?