11th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

What do I have to do to get selected in CDS? I am a girl and an engineering 3rd year student with electrical branch

i am girl and engineering 3rd year student with electrical branch. what i have to do get selected in cds..

Related Questions:
  1. Can a girl pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science be eligible to apply for CDS Exam?
  2. CDS Exam Eligibility for 3rd year Electrical and Electronic Engineering Students? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can a B.A. 3rd year student with 70% marks (PCM) in 10+2 apply for CDS Exams (Flying Branch).
  4. What kind of posts are available in CDS for B.Com girl student?
  5. What is the procedure of training in electrical branch? I am in B.Tech 3rd year electrical branch
  6. How to do summer internship if I am a student of 3rd year electrical engineering?
  7. Companies offering Training to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student in Chandigarh?
  8. How to apply for Training in Thermal Power Plant while doing Electrical Engineering 3rd year?
  9. Procedure to join summer training while in 3rd year Electrical Branch?
  10. Detailed procedure to apply for Summer Training in BEL for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility for CDS for BE 3rd year student at age 22?
  12. What should I do after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering? I am a 3rd year electrical engineering student
  13. How can I get a job in railway? I am a student of 3rd year
  14. Procedure to get the name registered for summer training at BHEL, Hardwar for 3rd year B.Tech student of electrical branch
  15. How can I join CDS if I am a girl student?
  16. Procedure to apply for Internship in HAL, Bangalore to B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  17. How can an Engineering student join Indian armed forces? How to prepare for CDS exam?
  18. How to do internship in core companies? I am an electrical engineering student studying in 3rd year
12th January 2012, 08:28 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What do I have to do to get selected in CDS? I am a girl and an engineering 3rd year student with electrical branch

Combined Defence Services conducted is good opportunity for candidates to join the Indian Forces at a more mature age like after graduation as minimum eligibility criteria for it will be must have passed graduation and the more your chances of getting higher rank in your career as an officer....

For that you need to apply for CDS i.e Combined Defense Service Exam , need Girls/Guy with any Degree from recognized university.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg.

Coming to cutoff marks of CDS as asked by you can be of average of 70% as a safer side.
butt It would be better if the candidates try to score at least 45 % marks in each of the papers and the overall aggregate above 60 % .

As far as Officer’s Training Academy is concerned , marks of Mathematics is not considered while preparing the merit list for the interview, so one again fair chance for the students of humanity and arts back ground.
12th January 2012, 11:26 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What do I have to do to get selected in CDS? I am a girl and an engineering 3rd year student with electrical branch

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam is an entrance test conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to

Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officers Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be a graduate in any discipline in order to apply for CDS. Girls with graduation degree are eligible for CDS.

For further information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
12th January 2012, 12:23 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

CDS(Combined Defence Services) is very good option for girls.

You can apply for CDS in last year of your graduation.Graduation is must to apply for this exam.

For CDS you must take care of Backlogs because backlogs are not allowed in this exam.

For selection in CDS you have to prepare Aptitude very well.preparation of Aptitude is very important for you this will help you in your placement.

With aptitude you should also prepare General discussion,History question also.

You should refer previous 5 year question paper of CDS for better marks.
12th January 2012, 02:16 PM
PRAVEEN PERAL

you should complete the 3rd year first then in 4th year you will be able to sit in c.d.s. exam mostly the chances of joining of girls in army is quite tough . . . . . .i think you may apply for s.s.c. only . . . . . . .i think girls only can join s.s.c. not c.d.s. and n.d.a. . . . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indian-army.jpg
Views:	1513
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	68452  
12th January 2012, 03:48 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend you want to qualify in CDS exam to join in Indian defense, then you have to apply for Officers training academy..

Through this scheme you will be able to join in Indian Army..

Eligibility for OTA (SSC women non technical):-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Age should be in between 19-24 years.

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

4.candidate should be unmarried/divorced/widow female..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, after fulfilling the eligibility criteria you can apply for this scheme.
After cracking the exam you have to go through the SSB interview..
After clearing the SSB interview you will be able to join in defense..

All the best.
12th January 2012, 04:31 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am girl and engineering 3rd year student with electrical branch. what i have to do get selected in cds..
yes!!
You are eligible
ELIGIBILITY
  • AGE=19 TO 24 YEARS
  • BOTH MALE & FEMALES CAN APPLY
  • For engineering candidates they can apply only in final year
  • minimum GRADUATION is required
  • ARTS & COMMERCE candidates can apply
Hence you can apply
ALL THE BEST!!
21st June 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of engineering with computer science branch...i have just entered in my 3rd year n want to join indian air force /indian army...what is the pocedure i have to follow in order to achieve my goal?
13th August 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

what do i do to get started in CDS? im a girl and an engineering 3rd year student with computer science branch
26th May 2014, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Do girls have to prepare for elementary maths part for cds??? Also tell can I join air force through this exam??
27th April 2016, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

What do I have to do to get selected in Indian naval academy?I am a girl and an engineering 4th year student with electrical branch?
14th August 2017, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Mam I have completed B.Pharmacy this year with 68% marks, Can i apply for CDS exam? I want to get job in I.M.A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?